Canopy Cost

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I'd like to get a Canopy, Can someone give me a ball park price of what they paid for theirs?

Mine is a 2020 Ranger Supercab (6' bed) and I would like it color matching.
Sponsored

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
It varies widely between brands and installed options; the best bet is to call a shop and they can quote you with the options you request (~15 mins).
But, just to give a ballpark, the range is roughly 2 - 5k depending on brand, options, etc.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
OP
OP
daczone

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Pricing I got in my area is right around $3k for a base model (slider side windows, front tilt glass for cleaning, add $250 for factory keyfob remote lock and on the high end $3700 (frameless side glass, pop rear 1/4) Both color matched via the color code and installed. 3-6 weeks lead time.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I thought this inflatable one from Flated is pretty cool. Lightweight and stow it away when not in use. Same problem as a canvas topper though (Not as secure as a hard shell and still pretty pricey). https://getflated.com/products/air-topper-midsize-longbed?variant=42820799594664
I couldn't find anything about it but that looks like drop-stiched material. Having our kayaks made of that stuff (same as many paddle boards), I can attest to it being tough and very rigid. I can stand in our 14 foot kayaks and it doesn't flex at all (3 inch bottom and 4 inch sides inflated to 10 psi).

Promo pic of a drop-stitch paddle board:
1673993637530.png

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I couldn't find anything about it but that looks like drop-stiched material. Having our kayaks made of that stuff (same as many paddle boards), I can attest to it being tough and very rigid. I can stand in our 14 foot kayaks and it doesn't flex at all (3 inch bottom and 4 inch sides inflated to 10 psi).

Promo pic of a drop-stitch paddle board:
1673993637530.png
Yeah, from what Iā€™ve gathered it is the same technology used in inflatable standup paddle boards. Inflatable SUPs are surprisingly rigid and durable and this is definitely a clever design that Iā€™d consider down the road. I came across the Flated topper about a year ago and when I saw this thread pop up I thought some of you might find it interesting as well.

oldnslow

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
My ARE color-matched topper with a drop-down front window and roof rails and crossbars came in at $3000 in 2020. I think the rails and crossbars were about $500 so $2500 for the canopy without them. They are likely higher now.

OP
OP
daczone

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
My ARE color-matched topper with a drop-down front window and roof rails and crossbars came in at $3000 in 2020. I think the rails and crossbars were about $500 so $2500 for the canopy without them. They are likely higher now.
I got a quote today for a ARE @ $4100 (Z2) Said the Z series is not available for the Ranger. I HATE the Z2 windows. I ordered a Leer 100XL, same as the Century Royal. The hardware on the ARE seems to be much better as well. The Leer was cheaper $3500

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT FX4
Occupation
Public Health
Public service announcement:

In the Pacific Northwest, we call ā€˜toppersā€™ canopies. In fact, many companies that sell them have Canopy in their name.

I know itā€™s weird for some. I struggle with topper or camper.. for over 40 yrs I never heard them referred as anything other than a canopy. Must be a regional thing.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Yes a Canopy, I have a Tonneau Cover. Which is great but want something my Dog can ride in the winter.
I use my FasTop for my dogs. Works great. Cheaper than a hard shell. I have a thread about here where you can find all the info.

I want to say it was $1600ish. But worth it as there's no other product like it.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Public service announcement:

In the Pacific Northwest, we call ā€˜toppersā€™ canopies. In fact, many companies that sell them have Canopy in their name.

I know itā€™s weird for some. I struggle with topper or camper.. for over 40 yrs I never heard them referred as anything other than a canopy. Must be a regional thing.
I was just going with what Flated called their own product, the ā€œAir Topperā€. I grew up in western PA and we called the rigid, hard shell bed covers ā€œcapsā€ and canvas covers, ā€œcanopiesā€. All do the same primary function, just different names for different designs.
Sponsored