daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Public service announcement:

In the Pacific Northwest, we call ‘toppers’ canopies. In fact, many companies that sell them have Canopy in their name.

I know it’s weird for some. I struggle with topper or camper.. for over 40 yrs I never heard them referred as anything other than a canopy. Must be a regional thing.

Good to know, I had no idea.
Sponsored

PoorSpecRanger

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XL Supercab FX4 ,1999 Mazda Miata 10ae
Its not color matched but my RSI EVOa was about $4700 all told after installation. Also zero wait time for build as they were in stock for the rare Supercab.

OP
OP
daczone

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Its not color matched but my RSI EVOa was about $4700 all told after installation. Also zero wait time for build as they were in stock for the rare Supercab.
Have any pictures? I'd love to see them. I didn't really NEED a Canopy and it will really just allow my dog to go with me. I had one on my old S10 and he loved going with me everywhere.

PoorSpecRanger

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have any pictures? I'd love to see them. I didn't really NEED a Canopy and it will really just allow my dog to go with me. I had one on my old S10 and he loved going with me everywhere.
Its a bit snowy here at the moment.

20230125_121045.jpg

20230125_121143.jpg
20230125_121104.jpg

OP
OP
daczone

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Its a bit snowy here at the moment.
I LIKE IT!!! And I Love the color of your truck. I opted for flush side windows and I'll probably regret not getting sliders, (they pop out).
1674746866437.png

Was thinking about my DOG.

I would have done the ARE but the Z model is not available for the Ranger and they went to the Z2 which I think looks ridiculous with those side window.
1674746804790.png

PoorSpecRanger

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you.

ARE or Leer both seem like very nice options which ever is more local seems like the way to go. I live in the middle of no where the only cap dealer local to me was Jeraco. I tried to get a color matched one through ford accessories originally and that was a horror show. They sent a 2.5 year old cap with paint that didnt match, scratched paint, scratched window, and a litany of other QC issues. 4 weeks of fighting with the dealer and Ford accessories and 1 chargeback later I finally got them to agree to refund me and take their crappy cap back.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Thank you.

ARE or Leer both seem like very nice options which ever is more local seems like the way to go. I live in the middle of no where the only cap dealer local to me was Jeraco. I tried to get a color matched one through ford accessories originally and that was a horror show. They sent a 2.5 year old cap with paint that didnt match, scratched paint, scratched window, and a litany of other QC issues. 4 weeks of fighting with the dealer and Ford accessories and 1 chargeback later I finally got them to agree to refund me and take their crappy cap back.
Did you end up buying a Jeraco Fiberglass? We are a authorized Jeraco dealer in our business and I can't even remember the last time we had a problem with one of their caps.

PoorSpecRanger

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you end up buying a Jeraco Fiberglass? We are a authorized Jeraco dealer in our business and I can't even remember the last time we had a problem with one of their caps.
No I ended up with the RSI in the photos above. Nothing against Jeraco they just didn't offer what I wanted if I was going to have to special order some thing and wait for it.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Public service announcement:

In the Pacific Northwest, we call ‘toppers’ canopies. In fact, many companies that sell them have Canopy in their name.

I know it’s weird for some. I struggle with topper or camper.. for over 40 yrs I never heard them referred as anything other than a canopy. Must be a regional thing.
I’ve lived in various places from coast to coast here in Canada. The term for truck toppers varies here as well. It always seemed to be a regional thing, although I’ve lived in too many places to remember what it’s referred to in each area. I’ve heard:

Topper​
Canopy​
Shell​
Cap​
Camper​
Camper Shell​
Camper Cap​
Pap Cap (don’t ask why, I haven’t a clue)​
I bet @paval3 could add to this list of names. Val?​

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
I’ve lived in various places from coast to coast here in Canada. The term for truck toppers varies here as well. It always seemed to be a regional thing, although I’ve lived in too many places to remember what it’s referred to in each area. I’ve heard:

Topper​
Canopy​
Shell​
Cap​
Camper​
Camper Shell​
Camper Cap​
Pap Cap (don’t ask why, I haven’t a clue)​
I bet @paval3 could add to this list of names. Val?​
I think you about covered them all... only other name for a style of cap I can think of was the "cabover sleeper cap" that was a wood framed cap... although we did make a few aluminum framed.

Here's a little history of our company Ranger Enterprises Inc. History .

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
My base model aluminum one was $979.
Seems really high priced, but so many things are way more expensive than they were only a few years ago.

PXL_20230621_232333748.jpg
Sponsored