OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Hi Paul,

Everything between the front and rear bumper is under scrutiny..Paint, HVAC, component fit, powertrain, wipers and the list goes on and on.

best,
Phil
Thanks Phil,
Thorough evaluation. Glad mine was chosen! So far no issues... :)

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Years ago I special ordered (new) a '92 T-Bird. I did this because I wanted the digital speedo and included oil maintenance monitor which no dealer would have ordered for stock. Back then the T-Bird was built in Canada. When I received the car I found a note in the glove box explaining that the car had been selected by the U.S. EPA for testing for compliance with emissions requirements and that is why there was an extra 125 miles on the odometer. They also stated that the warranty would be extended for an additional 125 miles.
Great customer service! :)

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like I may have had more than most. My truck had 72 miles. Spent 3 months on dealer lot being test driven and such. I didn’t care, got $6400 off sticker. Truck has been beyond perfect.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Years ago I special ordered (new) a '92 T-Bird. I did this because I wanted the digital speedo and included oil maintenance monitor which no dealer would have ordered for stock. Back then the T-Bird was built in Canada. When I received the car I found a note in the glove box explaining that the car had been selected by the U.S. EPA for testing for compliance with emissions requirements and that is why there was an extra 125 miles on the odometer. They also stated that the warranty would be extended for an additional 125 miles.
Hi Bob,

Yep...EPA has different rules than Ford's rules.

best,
Phil

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Mine had 31 when I hopped in it, 47 when I signed the papers.

I bought it off the lot though so it wasn't special ordered.

It just happened to be equipped exactly like I would have special ordered it :p

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
We special ordered 2/2020, built 6/2020, delivered 7/2020. Dealer still puts webpage photos up until delivery is complete. Our photo showed 27.0 miles. Photos are one of the first things that dealer does upon arrival. So our Ranger may have come off the truck with those miles.

I asked our salesman where the miles came from. Most other stock Rangers had less than 10. He said in mid 2020 after the plant shutdown, there were transportation delays, tie-ups and transfers being done than may have added some miles. He had no way of knowing for sure.
One thing I was told is that there are two rail yards - one at the plant and one at Woodhaven. Normally, they load up vehicles on transporters to take them to Woodhaven, but I was told sometimes if they have a shortage of transporters they might drive them to Woodhaven, which is about 10 miles away.
Sponsored