BiilyJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
20170415_195747.jpg

I really enjoyed my jeep. Mine was the 3.6, the only complaint was that when towing my little Jon boat, the engine would sit at redline going up hills. I didn't think it would last.
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
i was looking forward to the gladiator being more jeep truck than wrangler with a bed. maybe if they offered it like a scrambler with 2 door and a bed built on the 2 door wrangler id be really tempted.
If Jeep had built the concept they showed I would likely have bought it.

jeep-j6-ejs-concept-2x-1024x768.jpg

But then a 2 door standard cab pickup is basically a non-starter in today's market so it would've been purchased by me and maybe 3 other people ?

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I came here from a Gladiator.

Poor on-road manners & loud. It's long wheel base isn't great for offroading. Same goes for the departure angle, which can be helped with a aftermarket bumper and sawzaw.

The VM Diesel is an Italian turd and too heavy for the Gladiator.

If you are set on a diesel midsize truck, the ZR2 Duramax is the way to go.

The stock suspension bottoms out on road, it lowers your payload and towing, plus will derate itself when towing in the summer. The diesel is also $6000 over a manual V6.

20220117_144800.jpg
Nice clean looking Gladiator. So much better than a stock Gladiator. But....

Lift, wheels, tires, bumpers, winch...another $6k for all that?

Utope

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Grey XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Not that it’ll make a huge difference in your decision, but the Ranger has one big advantage that you can’t fix on the Gladiator and that’s wheelbase. Anyhow good luck on whatever you decide.
Agreed. The gladiator has a really bad break over angle. Unless you want to keep a truck bed, seriously consider a wrangler.

22Bandit

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Black Package
Occupation
Contractor
May be joining the Dark side a picking up a new Jeep Gladiator Diesel this weekend. I’m getting astronomical offers on my lifted, modded Ranger that I can no longer refuse.

For me being a person who is into off road and likes to mod vehicles, the Ranger just isnt it for me. Aftermarket support is limited and prices are ridiculous. I really do like my Ranger but I think it may be time to move on.
My dad wants this exact same thing! Unfortunately payments on one are around 800 a month with the diesel equipped how he wants it! Either way please come show off whatever you get!

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I too think the Gladiators are overrated. I don't really like how they look. I understand they are very noisy on the highway too. A regular Wrangler 2 door like Dave's would be great. But everything is over priced these days. I will stick with my Ranger all day long.

CJ74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX
There is a white Gladiator 6 or 7 houses down from me. Every time that guy comes by he is giving it hell. I'm positive it's got the 3.6l in it. That thing sounds terrible and for all he's giving it, it seems to be struggling to get up to speed. Maybe it's geared too high, idk but it really turned me off on them.

OP
OP
McLeadslinger

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Things slightly changed. Decided against the Gladiator due to the long wheelbase and decided to buy a brand new Sting grey Willy’s JLU with the 3.6. I pick it up tomorrow.
Hard top
Uconnect 8.4 screen
navigation
sun and sound package with Alpine audio and sub
heavy duty tow package
cold weather package

FAC6A9AD-951B-4323-B724-3EC024100095.png

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
If Jeep had built the concept they showed I would likely have bought it.

jeep-j6-ejs-concept-2x-1024x768.jpg

But then a 2 door standard cab pickup is basically a non-starter in today's market so it would've been purchased by me and maybe 3 other people ?
I would've been one of those 3. Not surprised though, we seem to have similar taste.

OP, you like to flog the shit out of your Ranger IIRC. You won't be doing that in a Gladiator. Especially a diesel powered one.

I get that you like to wheel. Why not take the $20k cost of entry into the Gladiator, build a trail rig, and keep the Ranger? Best of both worlds. If you're handy you could come close to completing a custom buggy for that.