Michigan Rangers?

lil doopahead

First Name
Dommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I've never done trail riding on anything but a quad, but howdy! I'm about 40 minutes north of Detroit <3 I just got my new boo a few weeks back. Your tremor looks sick as hell dude. Uhnnnnn!!!

IMG-6549.jpg
Sponsored

MIBuckeye

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
20211218_123323.jpg

Grass Lake here. Always up north looking for trails. Few mods, Livernois Tune, Deck'd bed drawers, bed lights and 1" spacers. Would definitely join a meetup somewhere. Maybe a fun snow day?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Woodward traffic jam...what's up with all these old cars?

248 - D9x7h3K.jpg

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Huron Twp. Just south of Metro Airport.

1642169260430.png

Unfortunately, a long ways from any trails, beyond the few I carved in the woods out back.

1642169969848.png

Considering a trip to Silver Lake sand dunes this summer. Can't wait to have some fun with my truck. :)

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
SE Michigan between Ann Arbor and Detroit. 2019 Lariat Screw Saber toy hauler. Currently sitting on stock everything, but my patience for waiting for the warranty to expire is running out. I'd definitely be up for a trail weekend next summer. I did take her out to Holly Oaks this past summer to baseline her capability - I was pleasantly surprised with what the stock FX4 can do.

25608.jpeg

lil doopahead

First Name
Dommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
SE Michigan between Ann Arbor and Detroit. 2019 Lariat Screw Saber toy hauler. Currently sitting on stock everything, but my patience for waiting for the warranty to expire is running out. I'd definitely be up for a trail weekend next summer. I did take her out to Holly Oaks this past summer to baseline her capability - I was pleasantly surprised with what the stock FX4 can do.

25608.jpeg
What was Holly Oaks like? I actually live right down the road-- never checked it out though.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
What was Holly Oaks like? I actually live right down the road-- never checked it out though.
It was a fun afternoon. I put together some sped up high lights from my day there if you're interested.

The rock crawling there is very limited. There's basically a single mound that has an "easy" way that the Ranger could do without a problem, a medium difficulty that stock doesn't have the approach angle to really attempt, and then the backside has like a super challenging way that reminds me of some of those walls you see of videos at Moab where your tire has to stick out in front of the bumper. Then there's a single 6ft tall boulder just on the ground somewhere - that's about it for rock crawling. While I really don't care about rock crawling, I was a little surprised to see how little there was.

Actually, that's pretty much a standard statement - there's really not a lot of anything. There's a small rally track, there's a sandy hill with a few paths to try to power through, there's a couple of trails. The endurance trail was the best part imo. I probably spent about 4hrs there the first time I went, and then I went back later in the summer with another buddy, and we only spent like 90min there before getting bored. I know they're continuing to expand the park each year though, so there's new content planned, and I fully plan on returning once I do modify my truck to benchmark it again.

lil doopahead

First Name
Dommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
It was a fun afternoon. I put together some sped up high lights from my day there if you're interested.

The rock crawling there is very limited. There's basically a single mound that has an "easy" way that the Ranger could do without a problem, a medium difficulty that stock doesn't have the approach angle to really attempt, and then the backside has like a super challenging way that reminds me of some of those walls you see of videos at Moab where your tire has to stick out in front of the bumper. Then there's a single 6ft tall boulder just on the ground somewhere - that's about it for rock crawling. While I really don't care about rock crawling, I was a little surprised to see how little there was.

Actually, that's pretty much a standard statement - there's really not a lot of anything. There's a small rally track, there's a sandy hill with a few paths to try to power through, there's a couple of trails. The endurance trail was the best part imo. I probably spent about 4hrs there the first time I went, and then I went back later in the summer with another buddy, and we only spent like 90min there before getting bored. I know they're continuing to expand the park each year though, so there's new content planned, and I fully plan on returning once I do modify my truck to benchmark it again.
I'm a lil bit scared of getting in too deep and messing up my baby-- that actually looks like a great place for a noob such as myself to get his feet wet with some low-level trail riding. Thanks for the footage and info dude :)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Oxford MI here
20220208_112457.jpg
Hi Joshua,

You folks in Oxford getting back to normal after the School Shooting? Since part of Oakland county, daughter was affected by having to practicing moving the handicapped kids to safe places...Being handicapped herself, we were on the phone with her many times to reassure her Bloomfield Hills Schools were safe... Terrible tragedy...

Best,
Phil

22Bandit

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Black Package
Occupation
Contractor
Hi Joshua,

You folks in Oxford getting back to normal after the School Shooting? Since part of Oakland county, daughter was affected by having to practicing moving the handicapped kids to safe places...Being handicapped herself, we were on the phone with her many times to reassure her Bloomfield Hills Schools were safe... Terrible tragedy...

Best,
Phil
It's definately been a shock to the community, as well as I'm sure it was for the rest of the country. Oxford is a special place though and I'm really proud that people here didn't try using the tragedy to promote other social agendas or gun grab attempts. Were all very close here! I hope your daughter is doing okay, that boys parents really dropped the ball with that firearm and it's unfortunate.