Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Hi Trevor,

I told my wife of my order...her response...WTF?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hey Phil,
Maybe I should see if they make a White Platinum Escape model, I'd be interested in her response if I ordered one just like her car!
Cheers,
Trevor

OP
OP
Lone

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
A few years back, I got the stink eye when yet another package was delivered. I explained that my truck was my therapy that kept me calm. I could keep buying or I could quit and cause him great harm. He's been, relatively, quiet since.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Getting ready to paint.

IMG_20200226_165237.jpg

Caluke

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Automotive tech
@gfitzge2 Any chance you could measure the wheelbase for me? I have a little project in mind.
Thanks.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
How difficult was disassembly?

Any cutting or drilling rivets?
Not too bad. The main body to cab are held together with screws.I didn't do any drilling. I did use needle nose to squeeze some of the little posts that the inner plastic parts are attached to. Then some very careful prying.

IMG_20200227_094119.jpg

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Over many years of Ranger ownership, I only found one plastic model. And, it was cheap and ill-made. Even talked to Ford licensing with no results. Apparently, Ford is doing more to push this one.

https://www.diecastmodelswholesale.com/products.php?product=2019-Ford-Ranger-FX4-Off-Road-Pickup-Truck-Copper-Orange-Metallic-1{47}27-Diecast-Model-Car-by-Maisto

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 9.55.50 AM.png
When I was 8 years old, the salesman where my dad bought our brand new '58 Chevy Biscayne gave me a plastic model of a 1958 Chevrolet Impala convertible, white with a red interior. It lasted probably 6-7 months playing with it on the sidewalk, left out in the snow, run off the knee wall into the gravel.
As Joni Mitchell sang:
"Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got til its gone..."

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Michael...aka Lone Ranger :)
Right color, wont have to paint it like I did my Hot Wheel...I ordered hopefully before they were all gone. (my wife already thinks I'm regressing to childhood, wait til she sees this come in the mail! Sheesh)
Hi Trevor,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
A few years back, I got the stink eye when yet another package was delivered. I explained that my truck was my therapy that kept me calm. I could keep buying or I could quit and cause him great harm. He's been, relatively, quiet since.

My belief is you are never too old to play with toys. Weather it is a real truck or a match box model or something in between. At 69 years old I speak from experience. Just remind the critics that there are a lot worse things that you could be doing.;)

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
My belief is you are never too old to play with toys. Weather it is a real truck or a match box model or something in between. At 69 years old I speak from experience. Just remind the critics that there are a lot worse things that you could be doing.;)
Agree Greg,
I'm liking the Honda mini-trail! I have a white '66 Honda Dream 305 I took apart years ago, and said it would be a "retirement project" to restore it. It's put up or shut up time since I retired at the end of December. My '69 Cougar convertible also needs a gas tank (smelled gas in the other garage 2 years ago, and found it sprung a leak) as well as new brake lines (ordered new ss lines about 10 years ago, still in the box). Lots of "retirement projects" now and here I am playing with toy trucks! BTW also have red Trail 110 and a red 500 XL dirt bike. Have had a m/c of some sort since I was about 12.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Agree Greg,
I'm liking the Honda mini-trail! I have a white '66 Honda Dream 305 I took apart years ago, and said it would be a "retirement project" to restore it. It's put up or shut up time since I retired at the end of December. My '69 Cougar convertible also needs a gas tank (smelled gas in the other garage 2 years ago, and found it sprung a leak) as well as new brake lines (ordered new ss lines about 10 years ago, still in the box). Lots of "retirement projects" now and here I am playing with toy trucks! BTW also have red Trail 110 and a red 500 XL dirt bike. Have had a m/c of some sort since I was about 12.

That's awesome. Happy retirement. It sounds like you are like me and have plenty of projects to keep you entertained. It took a while to realize that you can just dial back your speed a little. What you don't get to today will still be there tomorrow. It has been three years for me, and I have only watched two episodes of Judge Judy. :LOL: