Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Work
Hello,
Has anyone else encountered this alert?
(Ford pass app screen grab). It is also lit up on my instrument panel in the vehicle.

04184A07-6F62-492B-B0E4-418903FA85C4.png

This is the third time I have received the indicator in a short time span. I’m talking three weeks and three times in less than 500 miles on my new 2020 Ranger lariat fx4.
I had the original dealer look into it the first two times. They gave feed back with results of resetting the first time. The second time they related it to KAM, keep alive memory. I had several unprofessional issues with the dealership which are as best as can be resolved. I have now sought out a new dealership and they will look at the issue tomorrow am. I have contactedFord Corp on several occasions in regards to many issues.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I'm very curious on this one. I'm wondering if there is a software issue with the PCM and if an update mighr be available? I have seen a lot of new vehicles needing software updates during the first few years of production before all the bugs are removed.

OP
OP
Shortbed

Shortbed

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Work
I'm very curious on this one. I'm wondering if there is a software issue with the PCM and if an update mighr be available? I have seen a lot of new vehicles needing software updates during the first few years of production before all the bugs are removed.
Good start. Yes, I agree that computers are touchy and it might be as easy as an update. It would be super simple too if I had the equipment. I wonder if I could find a way to update via WiFi/ sync?
I have had the issue looked at and reported it to Ford. I’m hoping that with the economic crisis facing the company and the new political agenda being pushed by employees, Ford can get engineers to work on. Any issues plaguing customers.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I can guarantee you there are bugs in ALL the software we use. Software typically gets to a point (hopefully) where it works well enough and the bugs are not serious enough to be used without major issues. If software had no bugs there would be no need for things like uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, etc. But software is made by us imperfect humans and will always have bugs in it. The only exception to that is highly critical software which is obscenely expensive to develop and does not get "feature updates" very often because when changes are made, extensive testing and validation is done to make sure the new features didn't introduce new bugs.

OP
OP
Shortbed

Shortbed

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Work
who created the unprofessional issues? you or them?

Your fault is likely a sensor, and probably intermittent as most are when it comes to service inquiries.
mechanics are trained to trust the computer....if it doesnt tell them the fault, they they need to move onto the next vehicle, theres no time to sit and think your issue through on what it might be.
when your O2 sensor finally takes a permanent nap, im sure it gets changed immediately.

what are your other issues you contacted Ford corp about? are they related?

and I'm also interested to know this political agenda being brought forth by employees? are we getting into conspiracy theories here? this could get interesting, please share.
Thanks for your response. When I say unprofessional issues, let me elaborate.
1. They screwed up financing on their end and I had to come back and refinance after the final sales agreement was signed. They claimed 0% at 72, what turned out is Ford only honors 0% at 60 on certain models. They should have know. They took another 1500 off to make right for their mistakes.
2.They dented the door at delivery. They said it was wax, I had to differ but let it go. You would have agreed.
3. I ordered ford steps and tow receiver at closing. They put the receiver on and didn’t hook the sensors back up. That’s because they didn’t get the correct harness. They said it was good to go and let me leave. Shouldn’t the installer have said something. I returned to show them and the dealership told me” maybe my truck didn’t have that feature”.
4. They have reset the check engine indicator twice. Different diagnosis each event without solid resolution an now third indicator with the lane assist feature not working( I have turned on and off the computer setting)
5. While diagnosing the fuel sensor computer, they drained over half of a tank of fuel without refilling and returned my tuck.

I want to be very clear, in the current climate of snowflakes and feelings, I am not trying to get attention for my insignificant yet relative issue.
As far as mechanics, yes they should be trained. They should operate to their abilities and then report up for further corrections for customer support.
If they can’t fix it, just give it back? No!
conspiracies.
Ford plants have been shut down due to covid. That has impacted operations greatly and caused back up issues in other areas. Some of the Ford employees union are opposed to selling police cruisers and forcing human rights issues stating the sale of police equipment is encouraging racism while at the same time claiming for can’t also support other groups that oppose this. It’s more of an observation they facts that there are some internal Issues that would out weigh my problems.
Any ways. I am left with simple errors surmounted to greater problems of my time being spent dealing with these issues.

9512tacoma

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Manager
My Ranger only has 1400 miles on it. Is this something major?
B8F35B6E-9FCC-4D8B-9753-A4D2D8DA1BD4.jpeg

machinist85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
It sounds like the sending unit for the fuel gauge is acting up. Nothing major. But your fuel gauge might not be accurate.

9512tacoma

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Manager
It sounds like the sending unit for the fuel gauge is acting up. Nothing major. But your fuel gauge might not be accurate.
Thanks for the info. For some reason I started the truck a few hours ago and the service indicator lamp went out. I filled up the tank last night and it came on this morning. I have driven a good bit and I think the gauge looks about right. I will watch it and if it comes back on again I will let the dealer look at it.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Thanks for the info. For some reason I started the truck a few hours ago and the service indicator lamp went out. I filled up the tank last night and it came on this morning. I have driven a good bit and I think the gauge looks about right. I will watch it and if it comes back on again I will let the dealer look at it.
Silly question but I must ask.... Do you fill up the tank all the time or only when the tank is low like 1/4 tank?

Silly to ask yes but Ford does have logic there if it does not see the fuel level go down because you fill it up every day with little miles between tanks(like 20 to 30) it will throw a light.

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
Silly question but I must ask.... Do you fill up the tank all the time or only when the tank is low like 1/4 tank?

Silly to ask yes but Ford does have logic there if it does not see the fuel level go down because you fill it up every day with little miles between tanks(like 20 to 30) it will throw a light.
and on the other end of the spectrum, if you always try to “top it off” (I.e. She’s full) when filling up with gas that can also screw things up with some sort of ventilation there as well?

I’m pretty sure I saw something here regarding that too but can’t find.

9512tacoma

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Manager

I usually fill it up under a quarter of a tank.

9512tacoma

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Manager
and on the other end of the spectrum, if you always try to “top it off” (I.e. She’s full) when filling up with gas that can also screw things up with some sort of ventilation there as well?

I’m pretty sure I saw something here regarding that too but can’t find.
I do fill it up all the way. What is weird is I have done this several times before

toddyfunk

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Ranger Tremor, Tech 501a, Tow
Occupation
IT Management
Anyone get this alert before? Heading to the dealer tomorrow but thought maybe someone has already had this and might be able to shed some light on what I may be in for...
3FDDC1F9-05CC-4C0B-81F0-5AC14EFEF31C.png

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This has happened to a few before but they never came back to tell what it was. I'll merge the 3 threads together so maybe they'll see it and chime in.
Sponsored