First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2002 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Traffic Signal Technician
I own a 2020 Ranger in Magnetic Metallic and have always liked the color. My girlfriend says when it's parked in the garage it has a green hue to it, I never really agreed with her but must admit that now I'm starting to see it too. Has anyone else noticed this greenish hue to it under certain light conditions? I think I'm more open to seeing the green because a co-worker bought a new Hyundai and the color is called Amazon Gray a nd when I commented about it looking a lot like my Magnetic Metallic she said it has a hint of green to it in certain light. I'm curious because I actually despise the color green yet really like the Magnetic Metallic.
Thanks,
Marc
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The only green hue I see on my magnetic truck is the pollen this time of year. It’s thick this year too!
I (especially my allergies) don't miss any of that. You could never keep your vehicles clean with all that pollen floating around.

Marc, I don't have that color (besides my trim accents) but have seen several and haven never seen any green hue from it. Is there anything in the garage that could be casting a hue off it?

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
No but I've received a lot of compliments on how tough my truck looks (and it's really pretty stock except bigger tires). Started out from guys. Then I started getting ladies commenting on it. Now I'm getting young girls at the gas station commenting on it. Only green I see is in my wife's eyes when some 24yo blond with a perky rack at the gas pump next to me tells me "that truck is so haaawt."

And honestly, I'm 47, overweight, bald, never was a looker. So I know they aren't talking about me and using the truck as a proxy or excuse to strike up a convo. But I can't go fill up the tank on my own without taking the lifeguard with me.

OP
OP
RangerMarc

RangerMarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The only green hue I see on my magnetic truck is the pollen this time of year. It’s thick this year too!
Well the pollen season for us in Florida is mostly over and our pollen is more yellow than green. I have a pretty bad allergy issue with oak pollen that I suffer through so I know what you mean..!

OP
OP
RangerMarc

RangerMarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I (especially my allergies) don't miss any of that. You could never keep your vehicles clean with all that pollen floating around.

Marc, I don't have that color (besides my trim accents) but have seen several and haven never seen any green hue from it. Is there anything in the garage that could be casting a hue off it?
Walls and ceiling are all painted white. Blue waverunner parked next to the truck. I'm betting its more the lighting I did recently replace my fluorescent light bulbs with LED lighting and come to think of it that's about the time the girlfriend mentioned the green hue. Hmmmmm....

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
It does look like dark gray green in the garage...heck it looks green most of the time even after pollen season as everything is Green in Greensboro...trees and stuff...

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
No but I've received a lot of compliments on how tough my truck looks (and it's really pretty stock except bigger tires). Started out from guys. Then I started getting ladies commenting on it. Now I'm getting young girls at the gas station commenting on it. Only green I see is in my wife's eyes when some 24yo blond with a perky rack at the gas pump next to me tells me "that truck is so haaawt."

And honestly, I'm 47, overweight, bald, never was a looker. So I know they aren't talking about me and using the truck as a proxy or excuse to strike up a convo. But I can't go fill up the tank on my own without taking the lifeguard with me.
Wait Greg, I think I heard somewhere that old, fat, and bald is the new young, slim, and hairy. I'm thinking your dearest already knows this. :bandit:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wait Greg, I think I heard somewhere that old, fat, and bald is the new young, slim, and hairy. I'm thinking your dearest already knows this. :bandit:
Jim I was going to make a joke about this but I did a search for "old fat bald and hairy guy" to find a picture. Lets just say my day is now ruined and whatever you do DO NOT put this in your search bar! You've been warned. :surprised:

I know some of you are now doing this. ?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Jim I was going to make a joke about this but I did a search for "old fat bald and hairy guy" to find a picture. Lets just say my day is now ruined and whatever you do DO NOT put this in your search bar! You've been warned. :surprised:

I know some of you are now doing this. ?
Now that made me laugh brother. Thanks, I needed that. :like:

OP
OP
RangerMarc

RangerMarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.

MmmEowww!
enjoy it!!

I also have a '19 mag-met color. sorry dont see any green in there..you all been dropn mushrooms???..
Sponsored