MagnaFlow Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
I wanted to share my experience with the MagnaFlow Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System (#19453) I installed. I debated between the MagnaFlow and Borla systems. There has been quite a bit of conversation about the exhaust note on 4-cylinders, my goal was for it to just sound-as-good-as-possible.

Two things convinced me to go with the MagnaFlow system. First, I read in a thread about the Ranger OEM exhaust system having a “flex-coupling”. This coupling was said to arrest vibratory noise generation and/or help with the general integrity of the system. Sounded logical, plus if it helped with the sound and the MagnaFlow had the same/similar flex coupling as OEM, that’s the way I’d lean. But the real deciding factor for me was a neighbor who has a Dodge Viper and had both the Borla (initially) and now the MagnaFlow. He said, in his opinion, the Borla sound was an “import” sound and the MagnaFlow was a more “domestic” sound, which is what he wanted for his Viper. Even though that was real subjective, and a Ranger is certainly no Viper…. It made sense and was good enough for me!

(BTW….All the sound clips I heard online were much better than stock in my opinion. However, I knew in-person, the final install would sound different than clips shot on cell-phones. Even the manufacturers sound clips are not a true representation IMHO)

The MagnaFlow quality was apparent right out of the box. Welds were clean/consistent and the hardware/clamps were top-shelf. The finish on the polished tips and muffler was excellent.

IMG_6279.jpeg

Above is the OEM system removed (on top, 2 pieces) and the MagnaFlow system (below)

The install was pretty straightforward. I did it by myself with the assistance of 2 RV leveling jacks to properly position the system in place and to get the tips exactly where I wanted them before tightening all the clamps.
IMG_6271.jpeg

IMG_6280.jpeg

IMG_6282.jpeg

Also, I did purchase a Lisle Exhaust Hanger Tool which made easy work of removal/install of the hangers. Some say this can be done with a screwdriver and/or small pry tool, maybe so…. but even on a brand new truck that was virtually spotless underneath and the hangers were clean, this tool and a shot of WD40 made the task effortless.

IMG_6284.jpeg

IMG_6380.jpeg

I couldn’t be happier with the MagnaFlow System. The sound really is A LOT better in-person. I knew it would sound different than the sound-clips, it’s a nice low/deep note that you can hear when you get on it, but there is no noticeable “drone” in the cabin. At start up and idle, it’s great because you immediately know it’s not stock. And back to my neighbors comment… it does not sound like an import or “ricey”…. It sounds “domestic” like a Ford!
Sponsored

DRVN1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew Ranger in Shadow Black
Occupation
Tax CPA
I couldn’t be happier with the MagnaFlow System. The sound really is A LOT better in-person. I knew it would sound different than the sound-clips, it’s a nice low/deep note that you can hear when you get on it, but there is no noticeable “drone” in the cabin. At start up and idle, it’s great because you immediately know it’s not stock. And back to my neighbors comment… it does not sound like an import or “ricey”…. It sounds “domestic” like a Ford![/QUOTE]

Glad that it does not sound ricey, on youtube I have been listening to a bunch of different companies exhausts and some sound ricey. I am buying my truck tomorrow and I plan on doing the magnaflow with the singe black tip and black tailpipe. My truck will be all blacked out. Now that you have had installed for awhile you have anymore thoughts?

OP
OP
BButah

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I couldn’t be happier with the MagnaFlow System. The sound really is A LOT better in-person. I knew it would sound different than the sound-clips, it’s a nice low/deep note that you can hear when you get on it, but there is no noticeable “drone” in the cabin. At start up and idle, it’s great because you immediately know it’s not stock. And back to my neighbors comment… it does not sound like an import or “ricey”…. It sounds “domestic” like a Ford!
Glad that it does not sound ricey, on youtube I have been listening to a bunch of different companies exhausts and some sound ricey. I am buying my truck tomorrow and I plan on doing the magnaflow with the singe black tip and black tailpipe. My truck will be all blacked out. Now that you have had installed for awhile you have anymore thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Only positive thoughts! Every time I push the start button and the engine turns over, the exhaust note is excellent IMHO! You won't be disappointed, as I said, mine sounds a lot different in person than the sound clips online I listened to.

On another thread, I read you were wondering about install time? I did mine myself and I'm no "wrench-guy". I drove the passenger wheels up on Rhino Ramps, (which gives ample room underneath) and laid down some moving pads on the garage floor. I did have the "assistance" of 2 RV leveling jacks for holding the pipes in position. (a second person would work too) It took me under 2 hours for the complete removal of OEM system and the install of the MagnaFlow. Very straight-forward. Most time consuming was the final positioning of the dual exit tips.... I'm kinda OCD on the little things o_O
IMG_6284.jpeg

IMG_6380.jpeg

DRVN1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew Ranger in Shadow Black
Occupation
Tax CPA
[
Only positive thoughts! Every time I push the start button and the engine turns over, the exhaust note is excellent IMHO! You won't be disappointed, as I said, mine sounds a lot different in person than the sound clips online I listened to.

On another thread, I read you were wondering about install time? I did mine myself and I'm no "wrench-guy". I drove the passenger wheels up on Rhino Ramps, (which gives ample room underneath) and laid down some moving pads on the garage floor. I did have the "assistance" of 2 RV leveling jacks for holding the pipes in position. (a second person would work too) It took me under 2 hours for the complete removal of OEM system and the install of the MagnaFlow. Very straight-forward. Most time consuming was the final positioning of the dual exit tips.... I'm kinda OCD on the little things o_O

You have sold it well, I ordered it today and have not even picked up my truck yet! Looking forward to it and hope that It brings a smile to my face everytime I push the pedal down.

OP
OP
BButah

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
BButah

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you think you could record a video?
I probably wouldn't get to it until spring.... :cool:
If you click on the link above in HenryMac's post, it will take you right to the MagnaFlow website. Scroll down a bit and they have a video with sound of the dual system installed on a 2019 Ranger. That sound is the best comparison to "in-person" in my opinion. Mine does sound deeper, but I'm sure it's all in the recording and if/when I take a video with my iPhone, it most likely won't sound like it sounds in-person either.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Yup, that's the one!
Works out to $564.50 per outlet.... and worth EVERY penny! :thumbsup:
Awesome. I really like your truck... and glad you're happy with the aftermarket exhaust. :clap:

4rd SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT, Ford Performance, Winter-Beaters
Hmm.. It looks like the stock set-up... but with an extra outlet.

Did that extra exhaust pipe really costs $1,129?

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...et-series-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system
I was eyeing this one due to true-dual setup after the muffler & to the side...

Then on the other end of the spectrum... was wondering about a single exit straight thru and still being true stainless-steel setup.

https://www.shopmrt.com/19-20-Ford-Ranger-MRT-EcoFlow-Full-length-p/90r202.htm

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase

Mtang98 gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger Lariat Fx4
I'm so close to purchasing this exhaust but not 100% decided due to the fact that there are almost no videos of the exhaust. Any chance of getting a video sooner than spring?
Sponsored