MagnaFlow Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System

Magnaflow

First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm just posting to confirm this is what I went with and seems like what the upgrade in sound is like.
https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...et-series-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system

Going from 2.5 inch diameter to 3 after the catalytic converter should give 'some' improvement in performance/gas mileage, I figure the turbo is the real 'limiter' here.

I wanted a 'forever' upgrade - stainless steel vs. factory-grade that looks like sawed-off pipe. The MF really puts a high-end touch to the Ranger. It's an excellent upgrade and not obnoxiously loud - just more confident sounding.
Yes, had it installed by a local independent muffler/exhaust shop. Just under $150 labor. Very pleased with the appearance, apparent design and quality. The sound is assertive and while I can't say if there is better gas mileage or performance, the lack of the one inch diameter internal baffles in the stock muffler I would expect improvement downstream of the stock exhaust.
Howdy DMAX! I will go out on a limb and confirm AT LEAST a .1 increase in mpg ;)

I have had the system installed now for months. At first, I drove like I stole it because it sounds so GREAT! (Especially in “S”). Now I drive with a little “less foot” in it, so mpg’s are better!

Don’t worry about “MPG’s”.... with MagnaFlow it’s all about the “SPG’s”!
:like:
We love hearing awesome feedback like this! Thanks for all the support, Guys! :handsinair:

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s my feedback so far. Seemed the engine tranny was acting a little strange. Instantly could tell throttle felt smoother and feathery by a tad. However rebooted the car cpu and now it’s good. In the car you barely hear it. Sounds smooth vs the old weak sound. If you punch it has a little bit of a throaty sound which I appreciate. I was looking for something mellow and it is unless I want to punch it. Then it’s noticeable but still not obnoxious. I appreciate the powder coating all the way back to the muffler. I don’t think I’m saving any mpg’s at this point. Too much punching of the throttle. Oops. Got it installed for 125$. So out the door I paid 850$. I can’t really compare it to other systems but when I start tinkering with engine upgrades the truck will appreciate the free flow out the back. Cheers

DMAX

DaRodent

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2012 Fiesta, 2012 Fiat 500 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Would love to do this but the $1,800 cdn price tag hurts a bit much.

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I've joined the crowd...at least part way. I ordered the MagnaFlo street series with the black tip. The Ranger is Magnetic Grey with the Black Appearance package. I had it installed and the guys put spot welds in place to hamper vibration and pipe movement.
It sounds great. A deep throaty rumble without being obnoxious. The performance uptick was noticed as well, plus I kinda think the automatic shifting has smoothed out.
I ordered the Roush CAI, but it's on back order. Hopefully this will add to the truck.
thumbnail.jpg

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4
I had the Magnaflow and it sounded great. Wasn’t too loud and didn’t sound raspy. However, this transmission likes to shift a lot, and over time I found it annoyed me. Ended up taking it off and switching back to stock.

Might try it again in the future, but there’s something nice about a quiet ride - especially as it didn’t feel like it was adding much, if any, power.

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I use the 93 Octane, have the MagnaFlo, and the Roush CAI is still on back order. I'm not the most dedicated or knowledgeable car person...but with the Ranger, I tried to get the most out of the truck being what it is out of the box and not going broke doing it. I'll never drive over a mountain trail or camp with the wolves and bears. But I want to be able to haul stuff if I need to, attach a simple trailer, and not feel like I just strapped a ball and chain to both my feet. I wasn't looking for a lot of noise just a better truck to take care of business. It wasn't my intent to rip the tires apart nor cause a wind stream...lol.
But I got a nice improvement in performance, from what I can tell, and I can get through snow.
Quiet rides are a great thing but I can still hear the radio. Enjoy what you like best.
screenshot 2.png
screenshot.png

Last edited:

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
I wanted to share my experience with the MagnaFlow Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System (#19453) I installed. I debated between the MagnaFlow and Borla systems. There has been quite a bit of conversation about the exhaust note on 4-cylinders, my goal was for it to just sound-as-good-as-possible.

Two things convinced me to go with the MagnaFlow system. First, I read in a thread about the Ranger OEM exhaust system having a “flex-coupling”. This coupling was said to arrest vibratory noise generation and/or help with the general integrity of the system. Sounded logical, plus if it helped with the sound and the MagnaFlow had the same/similar flex coupling as OEM, that’s the way I’d lean. But the real deciding factor for me was a neighbor who has a Dodge Viper and had both the Borla (initially) and now the MagnaFlow. He said, in his opinion, the Borla sound was an “import” sound and the MagnaFlow was a more “domestic” sound, which is what he wanted for his Viper. Even though that was real subjective, and a Ranger is certainly no Viper…. It made sense and was good enough for me!

(BTW….All the sound clips I heard online were much better than stock in my opinion. However, I knew in-person, the final install would sound different than clips shot on cell-phones. Even the manufacturers sound clips are not a true representation IMHO)

The MagnaFlow quality was apparent right out of the box. Welds were clean/consistent and the hardware/clamps were top-shelf. The finish on the polished tips and muffler was excellent.

IMG_6279.jpeg

Above is the OEM system removed (on top, 2 pieces) and the MagnaFlow system (below)

The install was pretty straightforward. I did it by myself with the assistance of 2 RV leveling jacks to properly position the system in place and to get the tips exactly where I wanted them before tightening all the clamps.
IMG_6271.jpeg

IMG_6280.jpeg

IMG_6282.jpeg

Also, I did purchase a Lisle Exhaust Hanger Tool which made easy work of removal/install of the hangers. Some say this can be done with a screwdriver and/or small pry tool, maybe so…. but even on a brand new truck that was virtually spotless underneath and the hangers were clean, this tool and a shot of WD40 made the task effortless.

IMG_6284.jpeg

IMG_6380.jpeg

I couldn’t be happier with the MagnaFlow System. The sound really is A LOT better in-person. I knew it would sound different than the sound-clips, it’s a nice low/deep note that you can hear when you get on it, but there is no noticeable “drone” in the cabin. At start up and idle, it’s great because you immediately know it’s not stock. And back to my neighbors comment… it does not sound like an import or “ricey”…. It sounds “domestic” like a Ford!
Did mine last week.
Totally digging the new sound.

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
Got the dual and paid $100 to a local shop for the install.
Very happy with the new sound.

OP
OP
BButah

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
Got the dual and paid $100 to a local shop for the install.
Very happy with the new sound.
Awesome Fletch! That was the best $100 you could have spent!

I have more time than money (after spending $$$$ on mods!) that is why I did it myself. ?

Now then, as another 5G member once told me: "pictures or it didn't happen"!

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I can't decide between this and the single outlet version......

OP
OP
BButah

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't decide between this and the single outlet version......
Get the dual outlet....
That way, you can divide the cost of the system by 2 and justify the mod!
?

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
I added the letter inserts and dropped the FX4 labels as well. I didn't see the initials in the shopping pictures. Labeled mf². Let the public beware. Hahaha
IMG_20200402_124615280_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200406_103844764.jpg
IMG_20200406_104156361_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200406_104212824_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BButah

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I added the letter inserts and dropped the FX4 labels as well. I didn't see the initials in the shopping pictures. Labeled mf². Let the public beware. Hahaha
IMG_20200402_124615280_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200406_103844764.jpg
IMG_20200406_104156361_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200406_104212824_HDR~2.jpg
Your truck looks great!
Interesting touch on the FX4 decal. Looks good on white, I took mine off as I thought they clashed on the Saber color.
And yes, the "MF" etching..... "Magna Flow" right? ?