Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
What a difference from 2021 and 2022! But, of course, no scabs. =(

20240508_160036.jpg

Got my free annual oil change (free only if paying for an extended warranty is free!). =)

soupie.jpg

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Nissan Frontier S 4x4

20240508_160036.jpg

Got my free annual oil change (free only if paying for an extended warranty is free!). =)

soupie.jpg
I'll open my eyes if ford makes a true xl; steelies and all. I'll probably look at scabs over Crew cabs.

That said i still have interest in the asian market.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

20240508_160036.jpg

soupie.jpg
Hi David,
Do free oil changes come with Ford ESP warranties or is this a special perk from your Dealer?

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Hi David,
Do free oil changes come with Ford ESP warranties or is this a special perk from your Dealer?
That's a good question and I don't know where my paperwork is (great answer, eh?). =D

The service guy did say: "you bought an extended warranty through us, so you get one free oil change a year'.

The way he said it, and the best that I can remember when doing the finance paperwork, I think it maybe something the dealership does and not necessarily part of the ESP.

It took about 45 inutes to do the finace stuff and the finace guy spent 40 of those minutes droning on and on about his stoopid Tesla! "I has these $20,00 brake upgrades", "it has a zillion horsepower and I race it every weekend on the track", "it can pull up to the door at the end of the day", and "it has a tranny in the back seat" (seems a bit tmi). =D

I would have walked out but Kate was interested in what he was saying ...

I wouldn't think that most ESPs include oil changes because that would be odd to offer if it's not through a specific dealer.

I think the 8 year/80K one I got was just a hair under $1,000.

a Taco humping a lift!
1715273532561-0b.png

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
That's a good question and I don't know where my paperwork is (great answer, eh?). =D

The service guy did say: "you bought an extended warranty through us, so you get one free oil change a year'.

The way he said it, and the best that I can remember when doing the finance paperwork, I think it maybe something the dealership does and not necessarily part of the ESP.

It took about 45 inutes to do the finace stuff and the finace guy spent 40 of those minutes droning on and on about his stoopid Tesla! "I has these $20,00 brake upgrades", "it has a zillion horsepower and I race it every weekend on the track", "it can pull up to the door at the end of the day", and "it has a tranny in the back seat" (seems a bit tmi). =D

I would have walked out but Kate was interested in what he was saying ...

I wouldn't think that most ESPs include oil changes because that would be odd to offer if it's not through a specific dealer.

I think the 8 year/80K one I got was just a hair under $1,000.

a Taco humping a lift!
1715273532561-0b.png
I think you're right David. I bought my warranty through Granger Ford which is offered on this site and there was no mention of free oil changes... 🤷‍♂️

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
I think you're right David. I bought my warranty through Granger Ford which is offered on this site and there was no mention of free oil changes... 🤷‍♂️
And ... I hate to admit it ... I also paid like $800 for undercoating! *sucker alert*

At least it wasn't that old Simoniz stuff, it was either hew Hampshire oil or Woolwax. It's a waxy but dry layer of dark gray coating that has held up to several undercarriage rinses. It still looks good so maybe I don't need a recoat too soon (Soupie only has 5,600 miles). I won't go back to the dealer for a second coating, local shops do it for around $300.

I'm a bit bummed about the "free" oil change because I was going to put in those rivnuts properly with a rivnut setter, either a Dorman one or homemade.

I suppose, if I get more mileage on Soupie, I could do my own in addition. But synthetic oil is really good. I let my Tojo's oil go for 5 years and about 40k miles (Mobil 1) before a full engine rebuild (yanked it out under a tree and pulled the head and replaced connecting rod bushings and honed the cylinders for new piston compression rings). Everything looked great in there but what sold me is that after that rebuild, I drove from Dallas to Ottawa in it and as I was driving through New York state I heard a hell of a lot of clacking and thought I threw a rod. Compression was way down from 125 psi to like 40 psi. And loads of engine exhaust was venting into the engine - I taped a garden hose onto the PVC valve and ran it to the back!

I had to add a second battery because it took forever to start it with that low compression. But I made it back to Dallas, slow and low power.

I yanked the engine back out and, through many calls with the parts people (Spectre Offroad), we discovered that this 1972 had a '69 engine and should have had different compression rings.

The sound I heard was one of the aluminum pistons skirts getting torn and several pieces of compression ring bouncing around in the cylinder and eventually embedding into the piston. The two compression rings on each of the six cylinders were broken into several pieces each.

All that to say I like synthetic oil and it can't last far longer than 5,000 miles or one year. When it first became mainstream, I remember it being advertised as 5 years or 25,000 miles between oil changes.

Sheesh, good thing Soupie's not 4WD drive, I'd go off into much longer tangents!!! =D

1715283622709-7t.png

1715283683740-yn.png