First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
My trucks first introduction to another Ranger, and there happened to be 2 of them: matching, silver crewcab fx4's. They were chatting away as I went into work.
1617902521132.png

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
An old barn near my house. Built in 1901, I think.

I drove by it a few weeks ago and some Hollywood production company was filming in the pasture next door. You might see it on TV or in a movie someday.

IMG_20210408_184050365.jpg

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Family is a beautiful thing

Big bro 1.jpg

Big bro 2.jpg
Great comparison of size difference. Two of the big brothers next to each other someone does not get in or out of the drivers door.

Deleted member 1634

Went exploring this weekend in the depths of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan forests to find some history. I'd been up this area a bit growing up, but wasn't as knowledgeable at the time of what it all meant.

A railroad line was built in the 1890s from the rich iron ore mines near Michigamme to Lake Superior through, and over, the Huron Mountains. This required massive amounts of fill and resulted in some huge rock cuts through the hard mountains. They even built a 1000ft ore dock on the lake in preparation. But unfortunately, by the time the line was finished the mines in the Michigamme area had started to lose steam and work shifted to the new mines in the area further east closer to the already existing ore docks in Marquette, some of which are still active today. Also, the grade ended up being upwards of 5% in some areas of the line, which would have been very difficult to haul cars loaded high with heavy iron ore for even the most powerful of locomotives at the time. In the end, no trains ever used the new line, the company went bankrupt, and sold to a construction company from Detroit who dismantled everything and repurposed it for other purposes in Lower Michigan.

So here's my Ranger parked inside one of the handful of rock cuts along what is now a dirt county road bordering a nice picturesque river.

IMG_20210424_103436892.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Range_and_Huron_Bay_Railroad