LOL'ed when I got ARE Build Cost for Overland Canopy/Topper/Cap...

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
Keep an eye on Clist.
There is a guy in MCO who sells them cheap - I'm looking for one, maybe. here is one for a supercab, better like blue. Modify for your needs. It's an option. Or paint it yourself.

1687539569564.png
Honestly you could even vinyl wrap it gray, black, something that isn't intended to match on the cheap.
Sponsored

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase

Osbornebad

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
I Ordered ARE CX Revo truck Cap for the Rear Glass but the most important part for me is the Color and Finish what you see very sloppy with the Butyl Rubber used to install the no framed glass and the Head Liner unfinished !
The Cab glass is 12" wide but 8" is the opening.
With relaxed drug testing policies and Alcohol use in the work place this would be the Only reason the product line inspection and the employees would do this kind of work Paying Customer.
Good luck contacting this company if you have a problem you will address your problem One Time and the phone number is blocked !
Emails unanswered.

20230325_163237_HDR.jpg

20230325_163442_HDR.jpg

20230325_163655_HDR.jpg

20230325_112527_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
I Ordered ARE CX Revo truck Cap for the Rear Glass but the most important part for me is the Color and Finish what you see very sloppy with the Butyl Rubber used to install the no framed glass and the Head Liner unfinished !
With relaxed drug testing policies and Alcohol use in the work place this would be the Only reason the product line inspection and the employees would do this kind of work Paying Customer.
Good luck contacting this company if you have a problem you will address your problem One Time and the phone number is blocked !
Emails unanswered.

Thanks for the input.

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ll be selling my A.R.E CX Revo. Iā€™m currently overseas and return home to Virginia in September. I will post for sale around September. I havenā€™t contemplated price yet or if I will sell the rhino rack separately. My motivation for selling is i want to upgrade to a canopy camper.

9F4E9CE0-970A-4732-B861-1A09528A628D.jpeg

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ll be selling my A.R.E CX Revo. Iā€™m currently overseas and return home to Virginia in September. I will post for sale around September. I havenā€™t contemplated price yet or if I will sell the rhino rack separately. My motivation for selling is i want to upgrade to a canopy camper.

9F4E9CE0-970A-4732-B861-1A09528A628D.jpeg
Nice! Looks like youā€™re a CC. Iā€™ve got the SC.

Heiserton

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.3dproto-lab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Aviation
I priced out the same ARE topper like 4-5 times. Like the look of it, but I'm not paying that price for a fiberglass topper. No way. Especially with the poor quality reviews I was seeing (mainly from shipping and install). Went with a GFC Topper. Way more capable, local to me and great customer service.

IMG-0855.jpg

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT FX4
Occupation
Public Health
My Snugtop Rebel w/ slider windoors, truck FOB locking, tiltdown front window and Yakima roof tracks came in at $4k, after tax. More than I wanted to spend but thats the going rate in my area. Iā€™m happy with the canopy.
IMG_1880.jpeg

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
My Snugtop Rebel w/ slider windoors, truck FOB locking, tiltdown front window and Yakima roof tracks came in at $4k, after tax. More than I wanted to spend but thats the going rate in my area. Iā€™m happy with the canopy.
IMG_1880.jpeg
Nice!

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Emails unanswered.
I just bought a Z series A.R.E.. I inspected the interior and all the seams looked good, very neatly overlapped. Perhaps a drug test caught up with your builder?

We had a heavy rain yesterday and the bottom lip to the topper was damp around the cab window. The seal looked ok, possibly a poor seal between the bed and topper.

I did have to glue the rear door seal and agree fully with the poor customer service with A.R.E..
Overall very happy with it even though the rear door takes a good even slam to latch both sides. Color match looked perfect, especially being silver.
IMG_4177.jpeg
IMG_4176.jpeg

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought a Z series A.R.E.. I inspected the interior and all the seams looked good, very neatly overlapped. Perhaps a drug test caught up with your builder?

We had a heavy rain yesterday and the bottom lip to the topper was damp around the cab window. The seal looked ok, possibly a poor seal between the bed and topper.

I did have to glue the rear door seal and agree fully with the poor customer service with A.R.E..
Overall very happy with it even though the rear door takes a good even slam to latch both sides. Color match looked perfect, especially being silver.
That looks amazing! Truck looks even better than when I saw it in Cookeville.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
That looks amazing! Truck looks even better than when I saw it in Cookeville.
Hey man!

Did you ever figure out the problem with the Gator?

OP
OP
underwhelmed

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Hey man!

Did you ever figure out the problem with the Gator?
I did not. It hasnā€™t caused any issues so I just roll with it. šŸ˜‚