Sponsored

Light Pounding & Jerking When Applying Brakes

OP
OP

Muscleford

Well-Known Member
First Name
George
Joined
Mar 24, 2021
Threads
91
Messages
772
Reaction score
1,523
Location
Ohio north coast
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 Merc Capri 5.0, 23 Escape
Occupation
Retired CFO
I see this issue quite a bit, make sure the rear caliper slides are lubed and able to slide easily
Thanks for the tip Patrick, I will mention it when I take my truck in on Tuesday.
Sponsored

 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I see this issue quite a bit, make sure the rear caliper slides are lubed and able to slide easily
Absolutely right. Some brake pad sets even come with new ones, which is a nice bonus but almost pointless without some brake grease.

I think Hailey Welch said it best. ;)
 
OP
OP

Muscleford

Well-Known Member
First Name
George
Joined
Mar 24, 2021
Threads
91
Messages
772
Reaction score
1,523
Location
Ohio north coast
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 Merc Capri 5.0, 23 Escape
Occupation
Retired CFO
The verdict is in. Both front and rear rotors as well as brake pads need replaced. The chemicals used on the roads in Ohio rusted the caliper slides and rotors destroying rotor and pads. The caliper slides will be bead blasted. Cost well, it will gag a horse.
 

davidtg7123

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Mar 5, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
101
Reaction score
486
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
The verdict is in. Both front and rear rotors as well as brake pads need replaced. The chemicals used on the roads in Ohio rusted the caliper slides and rotors destroying rotor and pads. The caliper slides will be bead blasted. Cost well, it will gag a horse.
ah jeez, I have a similar problem but was hoping replacing the DPFE would help. I’ll need to have my 60k appointment in a month or two. If the brakes or rotors needs replaced I’ll just do them myself I think
 
OP
OP

Muscleford

Well-Known Member
First Name
George
Joined
Mar 24, 2021
Threads
91
Messages
772
Reaction score
1,523
Location
Ohio north coast
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 Merc Capri 5.0, 23 Escape
Occupation
Retired CFO
I have just over 17,000 miles, yes you read that right just over 17,000 miles on my truck.
 

QuickSilver

Well-Known Member
First Name
Daven
Joined
Dec 14, 2020
Threads
6
Messages
218
Reaction score
699
Location
Vancouver Canada
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
1
Had my service yesterday, and my rotors were glazed and needed resurfacing. Fixes it
Sponsored

 
 








Top