Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Should this be a subgroup now? Boston Terrangers? ?

1845D1AE-0F75-411E-9E21-C60806EF6EE6.jpeg

0D21F4F1-44D1-4C31-8411-8D1F9A633FC0.jpeg

Sir Newton Issac (AKC)... or Newton....

Newton.jpg

Before Newton was Ivan...(the terrible)... and before that was Terry. Grew up with Bostons
Sponsored

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
0427211734_HDR.jpg

Representing the Balm Boyette Build Crew. We build and maintain some of the best mountain bike trails in Florida.
Not meaning to be dis-respectful, but I had to chuckle at the combination of mountain bike and Florida in the same sentence.

I have only been to Florida once and it was to the Boca Raton area and am not familiar with the rest of the state. Are there actually any hills in Florida tall enough to be considered mountains?. Granted, I am sure that are plenty of beautiful areas in the state that benefit from your bike trails.

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not meaning to be dis-respectful, but I had to chuckle at the combination of mountain bike and Florida in the same sentence.

I have only been to Florida once and it was to the Boca Raton area and am not familiar with the rest of the state. Are there actually any hills in Florida tall enough to be considered mountains?. Granted, I am sure that are plenty of beautiful areas in the state that benefit from your bike trails.
No worries, man. I totally get why you would say that.
So, naturally? No we do not have the natural terrain to be considered mountains, except maybe in the very northern region of the state. What we do have are several plots of land that were once strip mines left to be reclaimed by nature once the mining operation was completed. Massive machines moved incredible amounts of Earth into huge piles over thousands of acres, permanently changing the terrain. We now have long, narrow berms of clay buried in dense forest and swamp with a wild variety of terrain upon which we build our trails.

Look up Balm Boyette Scrub Preserve, Alafia River State Park, or Loyce E Harpe Park along with "MTB" on YouTube for tons of footage. Patagonia also published a pretty good article on our local MTB scene. We don't have mountains, but we have some damn good trails!

Patagonia article: https://www.patagonia.com/stories/a-swamp-and-60-feet/story-97390.html

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Have two. Long-time member of TheRangerStation.com and the wife and I have retired racing greyhounds as pets.
FFAE563E-CDF6-427B-9035-E2046F85F0E1.jpeg
9B0D6C8A-15F6-42F4-943D-BCB66AC43103.jpeg

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
No worries, man. I totally get why you would say that.
So, naturally? No we do not have the natural terrain to be considered mountains, except maybe in the very northern region of the state. What we do have are several plots of land that were once strip mines left to be reclaimed by nature once the mining operation was completed. Massive machines moved incredible amounts of Earth into huge piles over thousands of acres, permanently changing the terrain. We now have long, narrow berms of clay buried in dense forest and swamp with a wild variety of terrain upon which we build our trails.

Look up Balm Boyette Scrub Preserve, Alafia River State Park, or Loyce E Harpe Park along with "MTB" on YouTube for tons of footage. Patagonia also published a pretty good article on our local MTB scene. We don't have mountains, but we have some damn good trails!

Patagonia article: https://www.patagonia.com/stories/a-swamp-and-60-feet/story-97390.html
Thank You very much for the kind reply and the generous education for me on your state's geography. I do appreciate it. And I will look up those locations you mentioned. The first pic on the Patagonia site of the gator eyes poking out of the water is cool.

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!

what-does-she-mean.jpeg

Zeus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport XLT
Occupation
Commercial Driving Instructor
A new one added today...
IMG_3152.jpg

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Saw a Toyota Taco decal on ebay, asked the seller if he could modify to the image below:

1622555935118.png

No Taco Decal

I picked up a couple...