Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks up front for any insight or info on this issue. My left DRL LED keeps turning off after about 1 minute leaving me with just the right. If I manually turn on the fully headlight both the headlight and LED strip stays on. Likewise, if I turn the lights off and put them back to auto both will light up and then a minute later it dies again. Any thoughts? I suspect the wiring is all good and its some software issue that popped out of nowhere.
Sponsored

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I had the same issue when I was using the settings from the F150.....for some reason 726-26-02 got changed to a 2 resulting in BCM errors. I would make sure you are using the most recent forscan settings (same settings as lariat) & while in forscan check to see if there are any BCM errors & clear them.

726-26-02 needs the * number to be a 1 for factory LED xxxx xxx* xxxx

726-45-01 * numbers changed to 1000 to enable DRL xxxx **** xxxx

726-50-01 change the only 4 numbers to 108E which chooses the dedicated DRL

Edit:. All of this is assuming you added the lariat headlights to a xlt.....I was going off your sig pic...

Last edited:

Jfleming

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4wd Supercab, 1996 Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Fireman
I agree, possibly something hosed up in the Body Control Module. I took a quick look at the schematic and each headlight / DRL has a separate unique wire that runs back to the BCM. There is no splice or tee in the circuit for the DRL's. (Left side shown below, right side is similar)

So with that said I would check the output on connector 2280C, pin 40 at the BCM, if it is dead / dies after a minute at that point then I would be looking hard at the BCM. Otherwise look at the wiring.

Hopefully it is still under warranty and a young, wirery tech at the dealership can have the pleasure of crawling around under there.

drl.JPG
Sponsored