JokerUSAF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
US Air Force (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Is this the vendor that you guys have been ordering the Raptor grills from?

https://www.ebay.com/i/264364498265...hr0HA0EICl-0WRbJJJX5ZXPg8s4ouB80aAgUrEALw_wcB

I'm on the fence about doing this and want to make sure I get the same grill that doesn't require any modification, except for shaving down the corners as posted in your video.

This is the one I bought from "Connecticut Joe". It does not require shaving of any part to make it fit. Joe was able to produce one that matched the OEM grill specs. Took me 30 minutes to switch them. Would have only taken 20 if I had remembered that there were clips on the sides of the OEM.

Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL SuperCrew with STX package
Vehicle Showcase
This is the one I bought from "Connecticut Joe". It does not require shaving of any part to make it fit. Joe was able to produce one that matched the OEM grill specs. Took me 30 minutes to switch them. Would have only taken 20 if I had remembered that there were clips on the sides of the OEM.
Awesome, I appreciate the info and I will probably be ordering this in the near future. Do you have a picture you can post of the front of your truck with the new grille?

oatmeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Black On Black
Ok, for the life of me I can't seem to get the bottom clips to release. Where exactly am i supposed to stick the stubby screwdriver, it's hard to tell in the video?

JokerUSAF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
US Air Force (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, I appreciate the info and I will probably be ordering this in the near future. Do you have a picture you can post of the front of your truck with the new grille?
There is a photo in my profile garage. I don't have one straight on.

dangeranger

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4 runner , 1999, XJ, 1999 Audi S4, 1996 f150 prerunner, 1984 Audi UR Quattro
I like it....where can this one be purchased?
I'll have them in a few weeks... Should be around $$250 with the lights.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Ok, for the life of me I can't seem to get the bottom clips to release. Where exactly am i supposed to stick the stubby screwdriver, it's hard to tell in the video?
Go back one page and look at my post number 294. I took pics of the oem grill out, showing exactly where the clips are located.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
Also, go look at the video in the 1st post of this thread, gives a good reference to getting to those bottom tabs and where you stick the stubby.. there's a black tab you can see, you insert above that, between that and the grille... then, the one on each side you can just find with your fingers and push and feel those tabs release.

oatmeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Black On Black
Also, go look at the video in the 1st post of this thread, gives a good reference to getting to those bottom tabs and where you stick the stubby.. there's a black tab you can see, you insert above that, between that and the grille... then, the one on each side you can just find with your fingers and push and feel those tabs release.
Ended up removing the plastic shield looking piece next to the drivers side headlight, giving me access to the one vertical tab on that side. After that was released the grill was loose enough that i could easily release the rest of the tabs, some of them with just my finger.

MVIMG_20190703_193617.jpg

srgredranger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Setup tech / Goodyear
Vehicle Showcase
I
Nice.. I was thinking about some nice silver on mine.
did the outside trim charcoal grey , letters front face pepper red and left the middle black

5EDEC550-9E25-4904-BDB7-724038CF577B.jpeg

D3337282-9663-4573-9962-9CBD77F9FD02.jpeg
Sponsored