First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
So I have the Falken Wildpeaks, honestly could not complain off-road. However, one thing I will say is that when you drive it stupid fast on-road and slight bumps/corners will be scary at 85mph+. The aggressive treading does not lend to great handling on-road. If you don't drive stupid fast, the Wildpeaks will far exceed your expectations. The Discount Tire guys always go, "Enjoy your Wildpeaks, everyone wants them" when I swap them out for off-road trips. I actually keep the stock hankooks for on-road until I get a pair of true summer tires, they perform amazingly well even on slight bumps and turning stability 90mph+. I just know there can be more grip from true summer tires and not AT tires. Even climbed almost pure soft sand for a 1/8th mile uphill in the wildpeaks not even airing down to what people usually do there... Handled flawlessly 35-70 mph on dirt trails. Maybe a little more noise than the hankooks on-road but nothing annoying. Not tested on snow, not tested on rain.
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Oh, back half a year ago when I bought them I paid $1300 after taxes and tire insurance. Thought that might useful information I forgot. Last 4 in stock as well at the time.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
if your take off tires are fairly new discount / americas may offer you some cash for them. they gave me 250 i think, for the factory tires. seemed fair to me. selling used tires is a pain and they took the 250 off my purchase of upgraded tires.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Look though the classifieds for a used set. Regardless what you find you can actually score a good deal on a set of basically new used tires for a fraction of the cost.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
if your take off tires are fairly new discount / americas may offer you some cash for them. they gave me 250 i think, for the factory tires. seemed fair to me. selling used tires is a pain and they took the 250 off my purchase of upgraded tires.
Yes good mention. I got $50 per tire for 11k miles on them. Funny enough, I bought a set of OEM aluminum wheels and hankooks for a little under $500 shortly after to have both a set of summer wheels/tires and winter/off-road setup. Perhaps consider if you want to purchase set of stock wheel take offs to utilize the hankooks for daily driving. Discount tire will swap wheel/tire setup for free since its simple bolt on and off.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I know people say the hankooks are terrible in the snow, but I am pleased with them so far. They are a pretty good road tire. Handle decent, ride smooth and quiet. I think if I throw some weight in the the back, they should be ok for what snow we get here.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I know people say the hankooks are terrible in the snow, but I am pleased with them so far. They are a pretty good road tire. Handle decent, ride smooth and quiet. I think if I throw some weight in the the back, they should be ok for what snow we get here.
Hankooks are okay in snow, I know I was an idiot by putting a lot of torque to the wheels and I hydroplaned in ice/snow but they caught themselves with a little action by me. They also hydroplaned twice in rain with the added torque, caught myself both times again but still. I am sure any tire would do that with the way I drive, so it's partially on me but still waiting to test wildpeaks this winter. Don't get much rain or snow around here.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for year round AT tires. 3 peak world be nice but not required.

I'm kind of torn between these tires, all from America's Tire. I'll probably be getting the warranty for all tires which is about $40/ea in addition.

90% of my driving is on the road, I'm only hitting trials 1-3 weekends a month for when camping. I prefer an aggressive looking tire.

I'm pretty sure any of these will do but willing to spend extra if it means I'll get more life out of the tire.

FALKEN $293
WILDPEAK A/T3W
LT285 /75 R16 126R E1 RBL

TOYO TIRE $254
OPEN COUNTRY A/T III

GENERAL $231
GRABBER ATX
LT285 /75 R16 126R E1 RWL

NITTO $286
RIDGE GRAPPLER
LT285 /75 R16 126Q E1 BSW
No experience with the others, but I love my Falkens!

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Hankooks are okay in snow, I know I was an idiot by putting a lot of torque to the wheels and I hydroplaned in ice/snow but they caught themselves with a little action by me. They also hydroplaned twice in rain with the added torque, caught myself both times again but still. I am sure any tire would do that with the way I drive, so it's partially on me but still waiting to test wildpeaks this winter. Don't get much rain or snow around here.
So far so good with Hankooks. I WFH so it's my wife who drives the truck most.
Not sure what all the hate is. I have 4 bags of rock dust over the back wheels.
Just a few days after getting the truck(end of December) we both had slippery experience but nothing after that.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
So far so good with Hankooks. I WFH so it's my wife who drives the truck most.
Not sure what all the hate is. I have 4 bags of rock dust over the back wheels.
Just a few days after getting the truck(end of December) we both had slippery experience but nothing after that.
Yup I like the Hankooks, I do hear they pop easy on trails but I did not have a problem with it on dirt trails. Rock trails the sidewall might pop. Many have the slippery experience, I really think its the added torque in this little beast. Otherwise hankooks are good enough for the average off-road enthusiast imo.
Sponsored