Just Sold my '19 Tacoma, taking delivery of brand new '20 FX2 in Sabre on Sunday, in LA. Catching a flight Sat evening.

OP
OP
RangerDangerStranger

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Yeas, sales guy says their title got snatched last year, due to hurricane $$ in Florida, he said. Give you a perspetive, he said they had 50 Raptors. 50. Well here is a 3 sec Video of the drive. lol. Can't believe how nice this truck is. What a great Truck! Sorry Toyota, you dropped the ball. I didn't know these came with pre-collsion auto braking, was only reason i wanted 360. Could not be happier.

20200510_171243_resized.jpg
Sponsored

gov cheese

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt super cab
Los Angles. Apperently, #1 Ford Sales dealer in the World. Flew in Sat night, stayed at the Flea Bag Motel 5+1, a block away from the dealer, Sales guy met me at 7:30 before they opened, was on the 405 going North by 8:30. Only reason i bought there was it was the only Sabre Extra cab in the state with locking rear diff (FX2 pack) and Trailer Tow. F-Duck this is a Nice Truck! Will post up some pics later
Supercab rangers higher trim than XL (white, steel wheels) are very hard to find. During the 2019 end of year rebates ($6100) took my dealer five days (100 miles away) to find a supercab. Once they had it multiple customers were asking about it. But every time i drive by still only see supercrews on the lots.

Surfink

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pepper White Cooper S Clubman, 2019 Saber STX SuperCrew
Vehicle Showcase
Vista Ford near me has two 2019 Saber STX superCabs.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Supercab rangers higher trim than XL (white, steel wheels) are very hard to find. During the 2019 end of year rebates ($6100) took my dealer five days (100 miles away) to find a supercab. Once they had it multiple customers were asking about it. But every time i drive by still only see supercrews on the lots.
That's definitely why I special ordered

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Good choice on color.

Now.........
Mod it, tune it, love it!

Surfink

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pepper White Cooper S Clubman, 2019 Saber STX SuperCrew
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct, when I was looking for a supercab, last June I had a hard time finding one. I ended up ordering with the locker cause I couldn't find one either. All about timing, I think they were pushing the SuperCrews. That is what I ended up ordering.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
You are correct, when I was looking for a supercab, last June I had a hard time finding one. I ended up ordering with the locker cause I couldn't find one either. All about timing, I think they were pushing the SuperCrews. That is what I ended up ordering.
We're just lucky they're an option from Ford, a lot of the manufacturers aren't even offering them or only including them on certain base trims. With the trend of pickups-as-family-car extended cabs may eventually go the way of single cabs.

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Hi Chris,

What is the name of the Ford Dealer? Was led to believe Tasca was the #1.... Hope it is not Fairway or Fairview Ford....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil , Bought my Ranger at Tasca , they are bigger now than the sixties glory days . But doubt the biggest in USA because they would brag about that in their ads .

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Congratulations, OP. I bought a Mustang from Galpin years ago. They do have quite a large selection of all vehicles. How was your trip home?

OP
OP
RangerDangerStranger

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cool Dude
Congratulations, OP. I bought a Mustang from Galpin years ago. They do have quite a large selection of all vehicles. How was your trip home?
I Love this Freak'in Truck! Love at first Drive! Good 5.5 Hrs home, standard engine break in procedure, all in one day. Most people don't these days, and you really don't have to, but JIC, make sure those rings seat! From 400 to 500 miles- Exercise the full range of the engine! : ). Flight in was 55mins out of SFO into LAX. Airport belonged to me, a valet and a janitor, literally. Great if it was this easy all the time! There literally is no comparison, Toyota should just stop making Tacomas, by Rangers from Ford, and rebrand them. lol. Love it when a plan comes together. I think part of what made this truck so good, besides Fords truck engineering is world class, was the fact that it already existed, so they could just focus on making it even better. Happy Camper here! Next mod, replace the rear window with a slider....

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I Love this Freak'in Truck! Love at first Drive! Good 5.5 Hrs home, standard engine break in procedure, all in one day. Most people don't these days, and you really don't have to, but JIC, make sure those rings seat! From 400 to 500 miles- Exercise the full range of the engine! : ). Flight in was 55mins out of SFO into LAX. Airport belonged to me, a valet and a janitor, literally. Great if it was this easy all the time! There literally is no comparison, Toyota should just stop making Tacomas, by Rangers from Ford, and rebrand them. lol. Love it when a plan comes together. I think part of what made this truck so good, besides Fords truck engineering is world class, was the fact that it already existed, so they could just focus on making it even better. Happy Camper here! Next mod, replace the rear window with a slider....
Hi Chris,

Glad that you like your Ranger! I was immersed in Ford Truck culture way back in 1973. It was always in my thoughts through my career and we strived to lead, not follow. I was very pleased with the current 2019-2020 Ranger.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
RangerDangerStranger

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cool Dude
Hi Chris,

Glad that you like your Ranger! I was immersed in Ford Truck culture way back in 1973. It was always in my thoughts through my career and we strived to lead, not follow. I was very pleased with the current 2019-2020 Ranger.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Well, Thanks for your efforts. This is actually the 2nd Ranger i've bought new off a dealers lot. Drove a 2004 reg cab XLT I bought new for 15 years before it was totaled mid last year. And my 3rd Ford, having bought, and now sold, a 2017 Mustang GT PP. Glad to be back home.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I've had mine almost a year now and I am just as excited today as day 1. Congrats to you! Beautiful Ranger! :thumbsup:
Sponsored