Just Sold my '19 Tacoma, taking delivery of brand new '20 FX2 in Sabre on Sunday, in LA. Catching a flight Sat evening.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Just Sold my '19 Tacoma, taking delivery of brand new '20 FX2 in Sabre on Sunday, in LA. Catching a flight Sat evening. :thumbsup:
Driving back Sunday. Locking rear diff hard to find.

It was a nice truck, esp liked the auto cruise control, and emergency braking on the SR5 model, But the engine was a dog. Rattled a bit at idle, always felt like i was carrying 100 extra pounds around. Love how the Ranger looks, Can't wait!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Flying to LA on points, cost all of 5 bucks. easy peasy.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Just Sold my '19 Tacoma, taking delivery of brand new '20 FX2 in Sabre on Sunday, in LA. Catching a flight Sat evening. :thumbsup:

It was a nice truck, esp liked the auto cruise control, and emergency braking on the SR5 model, But the engine was a dog. Rattled a bit at idle, always felt like i was carrying 100 extra pounds around. Love how the Ranger looks, Can't wait!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Congrats! Love the Saber color! :like:

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
.your going to love the drive train on the ford.give it 500 miles for the tranny to mate up with the engine.a couple hard downshifts from mine at random times then butter.the turbo is a winner.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I can't unsee what I saw at a dealer outside of my area last year. 5 late model Tacoma's on the front row at a Ford dealership. That's got to say something right there.
Of course I knew why, and prepare to be impressed. Congrats.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department

Why is the locking 3rd. member hard to find? Unless, of course your 2020 is an in stock vehicle...

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I've been wondering the same thing. I wonder if dealers had a harder time moving the 2019s with the electronic locker so badly that they stopped ordering 2020s with it in general. I've even noticed around here that most of the 2020s on the lots don't have it either. When I was shopping for my 2019, it was the easiest option to find regardless of what dealer you looked at. Almost all of the trucks had it unless they were 2WD Lariat versions.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I've been wondering the same thing. I wonder if dealers had a harder time moving the 2019s with the electronic locker so badly that they stopped ordering 2020s with it in general. I've even noticed around here that most of the 2020s on the lots don't have it either. When I was shopping for my 2019, it was the easiest option to find regardless of what dealer you looked at. Almost all of the trucks had it unless they were 2WD Lariat versions.
My 2020 4x2 Lariat has a rear locker, but it also has the FX-2 package, it was special ordered last August.
All my previous new Ford trucks have been special ordered, I refuse to drive what some sales manager thinks I should.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

You're going to love the Ranger over the Tacoma! There are many of us here who have traded in our 3rd gen Tacomas and have zero regrets. You already know how bad the drivetrain is on the Tacoma so be prepared to smile (a lot) once you lay your foot into the turbo! Then nail it in S mode. lol

BTW...Good color choice! :like::clap:

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2020 4x2 Lariat has a rear locker, but it also has the FX-2 package, it was special ordered last August.
All my previous new Ford trucks have been special ordered, I refuse to drive what some sales manager thinks I should.
My 2019 was bought off the lot. It checked every single box except the power in the bed option which, I soon found out, is something I can do myself for less than $100 anyway so really, I got pretty much exactly what I wanted based on some manager's opinion of what I should like. :LOL:

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver

LA as in Los Angeles or Louisiana? I know i always heard if us in NorCal purchased a vehicle in SoCal you can save $1000, i never tried this to see though.

OP
OP
RangerDangerStranger

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
LA as in Los Angeles or Louisiana? I know i always heard if us in NorCal purchased a vehicle in SoCal you can save $1000, i never tried this to see though.
Los Angles. Apperently, #1 Ford Sales dealer in the World. Flew in Sat night, stayed at the Flea Bag Motel 5+1, a block away from the dealer, Sales guy met me at 7:30 before they opened, was on the 405 going North by 8:30. Only reason i bought there was it was the only Sabre Extra cab in the state with locking rear diff (FX2 pack) and Trailer Tow. F-Duck this is a Nice Truck! Will post up some pics later

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Los Angles. Apperently, #1 Ford Sales dealer in the World. Flew in Sat night, stayed at the Flea Bag Motel 5+1, a block away from the dealer, Sales guy met me at 7:30 before they opened, was on the 405 going North by 8:30. Only reason i bought there was it was the only Sabre Extra cab in the state with locking rear diff (FX2 pack) and Trailer Tow. F-Duck this is a Nice Truck! Will post up some pics later
Good deal - glad to hear, cant wait to see the photos.

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy

It is the best color in the sunshine . You will also love the torque of the Ranger .

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Chris,

What is the name of the Ford Dealer? Was led to believe Tasca was the #1.... Hope it is not Fairway or Fairview Ford....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Chris,

What is the name of the Ford Dealer? Was led to believe Tasca was the #1.... Hope it is not Fairway or Fairview Ford....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Likely Galpin Ford which is the #1 volume Ford dealer (or at least was)...not the largest, though. However, there are some that argue Brandon Ford in Florida has snatched the title recently too so YMMV.
Sponsored