Jump Seat Back Removal

ekraus

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I pulled the jump seat bottom out and plan on building a platform to give me a more level space to use.
Or maybe even removing the plastic components from the floor.
I want to pull out the seat back and store them with the seat bottoms for later sale. But I have no idea how to do it.
Would like help on that.
Thanks

Sure would help if they had a rear seat delete like Colorado does.
Personally that real estate is valuable but useless as seating.
Sponsored

Mark Lally

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT supercab ,2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
If you're referring to a super-cab, look under the rear seat head rest and you will see a small flap. Pull it out and you will see a bolt head, remove the bolt and you can remove the seat back. Once you remove the seat backs, you will expose the flapper valves that allow you to open and close the doors without creating a pressure differential. The truck will be noisy as hell then, unless you install these parts that are included in the XL seat delete option.
20190625_152206(5).jpg

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
The supercab does have a rear seat delete option.

thumbnail_IMG_1482.jpg

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled the jump seat bottom out and plan on building a platform to give me a more level space to use.
I want to pull out the seat back and store them with the seat bottoms for later sale. But I have no idea how to do it.
Would like help on that.
Thanks

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/2019-ranger-xl-rear-seat-delete-option.2772/

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Would like help on that.
Thanks

Ford does offer a rear seat delete on the SuperCab, and deducts $240 from the price of the truck.
Removal of the rear seat may well serve a good purpose for an individual application on either version of the Ranger, but...
I have used the rear seats on my SuperCab numerous times already,
I understand that you may have no call to accommodate rear passengers, but the fact is the rear seats on the SuperCab are as useful and commodious as almost any coupe on the market.
Do you know anyone who has removed the rear seats on a street driven Mustang?

The additional space gained on the SuperCab will be negligible and at the cost of great versatility.
You have 90% of the cargo space of the delete by simply taking out the seat bottoms when the space is required...
Just something to consider.

Another fact to consider is that the rear seat bottom on the SuperCrew , being non-removable, and the rear seatback being non fold flat, compromises cargo space even more than the SuperCab and the door design restricts access for cargo in comparison.

So in reality the SuperCrew was designed to favor passengers and the SuperCab to favor cargo.

Each configuration has innate compromises but offers great versatility in return.
"bottom" line...
The SuperCrew rear seat design is not useless for cargo and the SuperCab rear seat design is not useless for seating.

Last edited:

OP
OP

ekraus

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
If you're referring to a super-cab, look under the rear seat head rest and you will see a small flap. Pull it out and you will see a bolt head, remove the bolt and you can remove the seat back. Once you remove the seat backs, you will expose the flapper valves that allow you to open and close the doors without creating a pressure differential. The truck will be noisy as hell then, unless you install these parts that are included in the XL seat delete option.
20190625_152206(5).jpg
Hay thanks. i am going to order the parts and pull them out. Unfortunately the dealer told me the rear seat delete was only available on the XL.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer said it was not available in the Lariat.
Correct, just one more consideration on whether to order a Lariat. It is also not available on the SuperCrew. Also only available in "Ebony"

If I were to delete my back seat I would design the cargo space myself using 1/4" board for the back and cabinet grade1/2 plywood for the base then cover the new surfaces with Ozite for the back and either Ozite or black runner for the floor. Maybe even indoor/outdoor carpet for the floor...
Have you seen that black "rubber" carpet runner? it would make an excellent cargo floor covering?
If you make a flat floor, the runner would work great even in conjunction with the kit.
Ozite can be bought in two patterns and many colors to match your interior. it is lightweight and durable and is often used as wall covering in travel trailers.

Good luck with your project which I sincerely hope will make the rear seat area better suited for your needs.
It will of course, then truthfully be approaching your "useless as seating" status.

Have you considered replacing the door panels with flat material since they intrude more than the stock seat backs?
Another point to consider is whether to keep or modify your seat belts for use as cargo tie-downs, or maybe just small "D" rings incorporated into your new floor boards.
Loose cargo can be a problem during hard braking or evasive maneuvering or especially in case of an accident.
Four simple "D" rings and an automotive cargo net would do great.

Mark Lally

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
Hay thanks. i am going to order the parts and pull them out. Unfortunately the dealer told me the rear seat delete was only available on the XL.
The dealer is correct, rear seat delete is only available on the XL trim.

OP
OP

ekraus

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
20190625_152206(5).jpg
Where did you get the parts? The price i got was $428.97 with tax.

Attachments

Mark Lally

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
20190625_152206(5).jpg
Where did you get the parts? The price i got was $428.97 with tax.
I bought mine a Cooper Ford in Carthage NC. They said they sold them to me at wholesale because I bought the truck from them. I guess they were telling me the truth.

OP
OP

ekraus

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
the $428.97 price are from my dealer. I found a Ford dealer (Livermore Ford Parts) with the price of the 3 parts $273.46 delivered.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One point...
The previous Ranger had a "Jump seat"...
The 2019 Ranger has two legitimate rear seats configured in a conventional manner with room for 2 normal sized adults.
The only controversy is with the definition of "normal sized"
The standard definition for "passenger" is 150 pounds.
I'm 35% larger than that "standard" adult and 3" taller than the average adult maie.
I find the rear seat on the SuperCab to be conveniently accessed and reasonably comfortable.
I have a friend who thinks he is "normal sized" who wouldn't fit in the rear seat if you ran him through a chipper first.
Sponsored