2019 Ranger XL Rear Seat Delete Option

OP
OP

foulmouf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Super Cab STX Fx4
I'd love to find a storage box that can hook into where the seats would be to hold it in place. Would be a great place to store tools or guns and supplies.

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
You can get close to that in the XLT by removing the seat bottoms. I'm not sure how the seat backs are attached, and if they're removable?

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
You can get close to that in the XLT by removing the seat bottoms. I'm not sure how the seat backs are attached, and if they're removable?
That is a good question. If removable will the trim pieces for the XL rear seat delete fit?

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
As requested by @rangerdanger, this is what the rear seat delete option looks like in the supercab XL.

IMG_0829.JPG

IMG_0831.JPG
Why didn't you have a picture of the, what looks like, look like it has a lot more area than mine

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
Why didn't you have a picture of the, what looks like, look like it has a lot more area than mine
Thanks for the pictures. I might remove the seats and order the trim.

passgas55

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 chevy w/t
I am kicking around getting a supercab with the 2nd seat delete. I need the space more than carrying 2 extra people. Did any one order their supercab with the 2nd seat delete? Or would I be better off just taking the seat out myself? Any pics

PvtZoller

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
No personal experience, but it appears that the factory delete would be cleaner ascetically. The images online show some trim pieces to clean it up. . . . . Also $240 in your pocket, and hour of your life, and no seats sitting in your garage taking up space. I don't know if there is a downside to ordering it with the seat delete, if you plan on removing them anyway.

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 6.18.11 PM.png

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
No personal experience, but it appears that the factory delete would be cleaner ascetically. The images online show some trim pieces to clean it up. . . . . Also $240 in your pocket, and hour of your life, and no seats sitting in your garage taking up space. I don't know if there is a downside to ordering it with the seat delete, if you plan on removing them anyway.

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 6.18.11 PM.png
Here is what it looks like with the seat bottom removed.

Rear seat removed.jpg

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I love the look and the versatility of the rear seat in my new STX.
I plan on keeping the back seat in my Mustang as well.
Heck, I was a bit disappointed when they decided not to offer the back seat in the EXP.
The Ranger SuperCab functions as a coupe at least as well as the SuperCrew functions as a Sedan.
Both function well as trucks as well, in spite of obvious differences in box capacities.
I feel that I sacrificed a shorter wheelbase to make room for the versatility of the SuperCab for passengers as well inside storage and the ability to recline the front seats.
The back seat delete provides almost no more room, but you do lose the versatility and convenience as well as the appearance and resale.
Sponsored