Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
20200802_010851.jpg
20200802_010912.jpg

I started with the seat delete idea posted by another forum member, thank you for that!

I always wanted jump seats so I took out my supercab seats and got to modding. Didn't drill any holes and they're pretty sturdy too!

Believe it or not, the back seat passengers (if I ever have any because I've only had passengers back there once) actually have more room than before! So much more storage too!
Sponsored

GLV10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020
Occupation
Marketing Operations
Hey sorry to be late on this but would it be possible to post how you did this? Looks great!

Dredgerie

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Ranger Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I’d love to see how you did this too as I’ve been toying with a rear seat delete myself.

OP
OP
armoredpig

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Hi guys, first let me direct you to this thread: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/supercab-seat-delete-need-advice-on-sound-proofing.7976/

So you'll have to buy the seat delete trim piece from ford--it was about 60 bucks IIRC.

Then, you'll need a sheet of plywood, some vinyl fabric, rubber well nuts + matching scrws (I forgot the size).

Cut the plywood to cover the void left behind by the seats, then install the trim piece. To affix the plywood without drilling, you can see where I placed the rubber well nuts in the image below.
I cut slots into the plywood to allow the child seat anchors to poke through the plywood. This allows the anchors to bear the weight of the plywood.

I added foam to help deaden the wind noise from removing the seats. Don't go too far here, because your HVAC and airbags won't work right if you completely seal the whole section off. I actually have to go back and remove some foam eventually.

The seats are held in at the bottom by conduit clamps. I modified the clamps by cutting off the tabs on the end where the two holes are, then drilling through the middle section to allow a bolt to pass through the hinge of the seat (you'll want to drill out the rivet that holds the seats together). Now you can bolt the seats to your plywood. The conduit clamps are non-weight bearing since the seats rest on the plastic panels when the seats are opened.

Believe it or not, sitting back there isn't bad at all compared to the stock seats and you gain a lot more room for storing things. Feel free to ask more questions if you need clarification!

You'll want two stadium seats with a low profile. I used these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JHGF47P/ref=twister_B07JL8QZWY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

You'll also want to stop by the hardware store for a bag of these conduit clamps:
https://www.grainger.com/product/B-LINE-BY-EATON-Conduit-Clamp-4RHZ3

I used kayak pad eyes for additional points to secure the top of the seats and bungee points for my first aid kit and anything else I might want to stick onto the plywood:
https://www.amazon.com/YXGOOD-Bunge...d+eyes&qid=1608788091&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-4

20200807_153418.jpg
20200807_161602 (1).jpg

It sounds like a lot, but if you get all the parts together, it becomes pretty self explanatory. Just let me know if you need any clarification and I can get you better pictures!

Last edited:

GLV10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020
Occupation
Marketing Operations
Legend. Thanks for this will for sure reach out if anything

OP
OP
armoredpig