Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure the debris will eventually work it self out as the bed flexes. Any pickup I am aware of has gaps for flex and water drainage. It's refreshing to see the OP is using it as a truck to haul stuff.

OP
OP

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I'm sure the debris will eventually work it self out as the bed flexes. Any pickup I am aware of has gaps for flex and water drainage. It's refreshing to see the OP is using it as a truck to haul stuff.
yeah, I was hoping they would work themselves free but I don’t think so. If one shines a light down there it is a pretty interesting set up. There are plastic pieces down there, foam pieces, a couple of different lips and so on.

tha is everyone for the thoughts. I’ve tried many of them.Bets I have found is to use a yardstick and move the stones close to either edge. Then use a specialty tool ( only coated coat hanger) that has been bent to do the task. I’ve probably remover 10or so stones with an equal number left behind. I am pretty certain they won’t cause damage with movement and I am certain me trying to remove them won’t cause damages as well.

these stones are more of an annoyance than anything and I have nothing better to spend my time on.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
no one wants to be that dick dropping rocks on the highway into other peoples windshields
So I'm sure you are very anal about removing the stones that get in the tread of your off road tires.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
no one wants to be that dick dropping rocks on the highway into other peoples windshields
So I'm sure you are very anal about removing the stones that get in the tread of your off road tires.
Better to let them fling themselves at meteoric speed from your tire after dropping from the bed/cab.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Could always pull the box off or unbolt it and move it some
If it Bothers you enough, and i know it would for me, I would try this, you don't need much. 1/4" maybe. On a side note, I fully pulled the bed on my '04 Ranger to change the fuel pump once, used a chin lift and 2 ratchet straps. One of the easiest job i've ever had to do. all you need a a fraction of an inch!

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
Your issue also got me to thinking...I have one of these in my garage, have used it numerous times for different things. Cheap as chips and might help give you the room you need to clear them out?

Airbag wedge:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=air+bag+wedge&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Cheers and good luck..

Robert Scott

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford, Ranger Supercrew Lariat
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, retired
Some good ideas out there to try. Here is my simple solution. Stand in the bed of the truck, drop a 1/4 to 1/2 diameter rope down one side of the rock to the garage floor. Run a wire or coat hanger (etc) down the other side of the rock(s). Someone under the truck hooks the end of the rope to the wire. You pull the wire (rope) up to you. Now you have a strong rope circumnavigating the rock. Try pulling on the rope to dislodge the rock up towards you. Good luck.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Have you tried flexing the truck on a large rock or ramp???

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I was hauling river rock the other day and had it loaded at the rock place. Was on my third and final haul and had a new loader. Asked him to be careful as the first two loaders did a great job. This guy was very careful but when he first started dropping the stones into the bed, a few got in between the rear of the cab an the bed. Probably 15-20 small stones trapped in there. Any suggestions on how to remove them?

Also got some small pebbles and dirt into the tailgate as well. I figure these will eventually work themselves free or I could remove the tailgate and shake them out.

All advice is appreciated.

Thanks -
I’ve used the handicap grab tool before.

OP
OP

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I like the idea of the rope and wire. It don’t think it will work. Have you looked between the bed and the can? There is all sorts of stuff down there. There is actually a ledge these stones are sitting on and you can’t get them from underneath the truck. Take a look if you haven’t.

thanks though for the suggestion.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I'll bet that you are Polish. And you said ufta mae. :crackup: ?
Sponsored