Jason's 2021 - SCT SEMA '19 Clone - Build Thread

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
It's a small Black emblem, just like my EcoBeast emblem that I'm going to put on my truck to make people look twice and think about it...
Amen.

There are going to be some butt hurt people when they see the emblems my sign-writer cut out for me, when he did my graphics this week ?

But it’ll be unique, make some people confused, some people curious, and hopefully, some people might even get why I did it, and just like me wonder…

“What IF Ford decided to…”
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Oh bro… I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings or wasn’t trying to be rude. I was just confused I guess by your intentions. I am really not upset by it at all, I guess I just had the wrong idea is all. Do your thing. I guess I was just imagining what that would be like here in Alaska, I see so many Raptors all the time and I wouldn’t put that badge on mine. Also, I don’t even know what a ST is (I do now, since I just looked it up) but anyways man… I follow your build because I think your truck looks great and you obviously put a lot of pride into it, so I guess I will just apologize and say I’m sorry. My bad. Peace
No prob, I was super tired last night and when I read what you said, it just pissed me off..

These stupid ass kids at work pissed me off to boot...

I wasn't calling you out on what I said though. A few people here and in person have asked me, why did you do this and not that, etc? I guess I'd had enough of it, LOL!

I never understood why Ford quit making performance 2wd trucks though? Why does every "performance" truck have to be a 4wd platform?

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just catching up on your build, very nice. I'll take both yours and mine lifted. Summer and winter builds ?
Thanks! Mine's definitely a PITA to keep clean... LOL, you can buy mine!

Amen.

There are going to be some butt hurt people when they see the emblems my sign-writer cut out for me, when he did my graphics this week ?

But it’ll be unique, make some people confused, some people curious, and hopefully, some people might even get why I did it, and just like me wonder…

Indeed Rob! Here's the Raptor emblem for a size comparison.
IMG_20220221_053645348_HDR.jpg

It took about 6 weeks to get here and they don't have anymore available like it :( Didn't work on the truck this weekend, so no new pics. I finally bought a zero turn mower, (last owned a z-turn in 2008-9), and I had to widen my shed door to make it fit, LOL!
IMG_20220220_174347890.jpg

Trucks looking good bud..
Thanks!

I'm running out of things to do to it... Was actually debating on removing all of the engine bolt-ons, except the muffler delete and going back to the stock tune.

This last tank of fuel, with Torrie's tune and driving in Sport mode the whole time, netted me 15mpg and 255 miles...

Not as bad as the 5-Star tune, which netted me 10.4mpg :(

Still far from what I got when I bought it with the first tank of fuel, 19.2mpg

I'm going to drive in "D" mode this whole tank and see what that nets me in 3-4 weeks, since I do live in the city.

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
Indeed Rob! Here's the Raptor emblem for a size comparison.
IMG_20220221_053645348_HDR.jpg
Pfft, that's not bad! Every second, 10 year old Ranger in Australia, has Raptor stickers that cover half the truck!

I think that badge is subtle and kinda cool, especially in black. A bit of a nod to what Ford could have done with a Raptor version of your US-spec truck's, instead of the 2.0l diesel thing they released over here.

My new addition would be genuinely offensive to a considerable number of people on here. I'll PM you, it's that bad.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Pfft, that's not bad! Every second, 10 year old Ranger in Australia, has Raptor stickers that cover half the truck!

I think that badge is subtle and kinda cool, especially in black. A bit of a nod to what Ford could have done with a Raptor version of your US-spec truck's, instead of the 2.0l diesel thing they released over here.

My new addition would be genuinely offensive to a considerable number of people on here. I'll PM you, it's that bad.
That's really odd, I didn't get a notification of this reply at all and didn't even see it until earlier today.... :oops:

I'm still not sure why SVT didn't make a super sporty 2wd version of the Raptor either... Even most of the Shelby F-150's I've seen are 4wd and the Roush Ranger is 4wd...

This Saturday is another monthly car meet and it's supposed to finally be warm. I haven't washed the Ranger in 2 weeks, due to either frigid temps or constantly raining every day... I'll have to clean it up thoroughly this week and take it to the meet Saturday. I'll post some pics most likely, but I need to get the Raptor emblem installed and the ST emblem removed this week.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Cleaned the exterior of the truck really well today, after work, took damn near 3 hours... 2+ weeks of cold rain & dirt were all over the truck... It looked so awful... Got kinda dark before I could get pics, this is the only one I took...
IMG_20220301_175029209.jpg

Also, installed the Raptor badge and EcoBeast badge on the Tailgate Applique, to make it stand out a bit... Hope I eye-balled it, so they somewhat match?
IMG_20220301_174958683.jpg

IMG_20220301_175005503.jpg

Also, in the pics above, I removed the raised tailgate letters and it looks much better now!

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh...., I almost wish I hadn't ordered a Black truck.... At work today, it got so damn dusty and I had to detail spray it again, once I had gotten home.... I'm sure I'll have to do it again tomorrow afternoon too.

Anyway, all I did today was, change the splash screen back the Raptor one and I removed the ST emblem I had installed in the grille, last month...

This weekend, I'm most likely going to remove the STEDI dash switch thingy and just install a simple push button switch on my dash somewhere to disable the DRL feature on the AlphaRexx lights. Other than that, there's not much going on with this build thread.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
A couple of pics I made in a couple local parks, after work yesterday. Nice to have some pics of it, not in my garage or backyard :)

Yall have no clue how difficult it is, to keep this thing is all pretty and shiny.... :frown:
IMG_20220303_152425939_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220303_152530128_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220303_152603292_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220303_153514868_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Amen.

Geez mate, post them already, the suspense is killing me! ?

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
That thing looks sick, but would not want a black truck.
Black had to be had to pull off the cloned version. Black is gorgeous, I just stay on top of keeping it clean, usually every 3 days I'll quick detail it :)

Last edited:

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
Geez mate, post them already, the suspense is killing me! ?
They’re tied into company graphics, and have to keep some things private unfortunately. Or fortunately, as it would probably be.

In saying that, I’m yet to cop any abuse, but this is Australia, home of the Raptor grill on every second pov-pack Ranger lol
Sponsored