Go Ranger go✊✊✊

FirstRanger011

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD FX4
I think Ranger sales will continue to increase as they are more and more in the public eye.

I was looking at a Tacoma for probably 5-6 months. I fooled around with some of the other midsize trucks but nothing serious. I never even considered a Ford Ranger because I hardly saw/heard of them ever. I knew they existed but nothing more. I saw one on the road one day and then decided to do my homework. Now here I am, owning mine since September.

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
Wow, there's a lot of (-) on that list. Ranger is the only non-'heavy truck' with positive result YoY.

I wonder if that has something to with A) it's capabilities and size or B) the insane cost of full size pickups nowadays.

And it's clear they're doing something right with the Explorer.

BobKnake1968

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT supercab 4x4 Sport
Occupation
RN
This basically my story too
Toyota was top of my list (a least online). Then I went to the local dealer and got ignored.
Nissan left me cold too... the kid I talked to didn’t know anything about his products.
GM wasn’t an option - had one

FORD
Pretty much didn’t see them.
Went test drove one. Kid was hungry and tried to answer my questions. Better than the others.
He didn’t push me (rare amongst dealers)
Came back 2 weeks later asked for him, he remembered my name and what I was interested in.
Loved the test drive
Found me what I wanted.
Bought my truck.
Case closed.

I think Ranger sales will continue to increase as they are more and more in the public eye.

I was looking at a Tacoma for probably 5-6 months. I fooled around with some of the other midsize trucks but nothing serious. I never even considered a Ford Ranger because I hardly saw/heard of them ever. I knew they existed but nothing more. I saw one on the road one day and then decided to do my homework. Now here I am, owning mine since September.

Nathan289

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat fx4, 2019 mazda cx3, 1963 falco
Occupation
Leo
Yup in that group too
Me three.. may have been the last day of the month or close to it..

Wife and I were talking about down sizing. Had an f350 crew longbox 6.7l 4x4 that we just weren't using.. less than 15k in 2 years not even used 5k in the last 12 months.

I was curious what trade in value was on my truck. Went to dealer's website and used the appraisal tool. I gave them my name and a junk email with fake phone number.. didnt stop them. Damn it.. shoulda used a different dealer's website than the one that does my services..

Young kid, green behind the ears. Not 100% knowledgeable on the rangers.. did his best to answer my questions over the next 2 weeks. While i did my homework.
He had to sherlock holmes service records and hope i was the same guy.. called and emailed.. and texted.

Could i have gotten more for my truck.. yep.
Did they give me top dollar trade in? Yep.. they didnt even look at the truck when i finally brought it in..
Did they give me a good discount on my ranger? I thought so.. $5 k off sticker. With $1500 of accessories thrown in.. plus they had to dealer trade to get my lariat fx4 in blue..

Are there things i wish i added in? Yep.. shoulda got the brake controller.. i didn't do enough homework..
Shoulda just had then install throw in the fox shocks tuned by ford.. some reason i didnt even think about asking for this even though i knew i was replacing the suspension..

Am i still happy? Other than everything is on backorder or gets lost in shipping.. yes..
Sponsored

Last edited: