Issues with Door Handle Open and Locking of my 2019 Ranger lariat.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
So today I noticed I couldn't unlock my Ranger by holding the door handles (except for the Driver Door). I also couldn't Lock it by touching the lock area on any door handle other than the Driver Door. Thought it might be a low battery but no difference when i put in a new battery. Tried it with my alternate key and still no joy! The Remote does Lock and unlock the doors as usual, and I have it set for First Press unlocks Driver door only. A second press unlocks the rest.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Changed the battery and this issue went away!
I'm assuming you mean the battery in the fob? Not the truck battery, right?

OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm assuming you mean the battery in the fob? Not the truck battery, right?
Nope! The Fob battery I changed first just in case. It was the REAL Battery. Only the Driver door handle worked to lock and unlock by touch. Afterword all handles worked again. I actually changed it because Auto Stop/Start had stopped working because of the constant charging required by the low battery.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Nope! The Fob battery I changed first just in case. It was the REAL Battery. Only the Driver door handle worked to lock and unlock by touch. Afterword all handles worked again. I actually changed it because Auto Stop/Start had stopped working because of the constant charging required by the low battery.
Gotcha - one thing I've learned - newer vehicles with all the elecronics NEED a good battery to function properly.

BabyTruck

First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Lariat, 501A, FX4, tow, Magnetic Metallic, chrome grill, Truck Cover USA, LineX Bedliner
Occupation
Retired
So today I noticed I couldn't unlock my Ranger by holding the door handles (except for the Driver Door). I also couldn't Lock it by touching the lock area on any door handle other than the Driver Door. Thought it might be a low battery but no difference when i put in a new battery. Tried it with my alternate key and still no joy! The Remote does Lock and unlock the doors as usual, and I have it set for First Press unlocks Driver door only. A second press unlocks the rest.
Thanks for sharing. I'm having that problem as well. Guess I'll have to get a new battery for the truck since the other fob that I never use won't work either.
Sponsored