calistangr

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 1990 Mustang GT Convertible
Hi everyone,
Yesterday I added a 2 1/2 leveling kit by Faction Fab to my rig and finished up with 18x9 Black Rhino Ruko wrapped with a 265/65 Bridgestone tires. First thing I notice was front driver side rubbed in a full right hand turn. I assumed the passenger side wuld be doing the same in the opposite direction. Took it to the algnment shop this morning to fix any steering/alignment issues. On my way home made a quick stop and go but on the go I started ti hearing a sorta whiney whistleing sound. got home to inspect but came up clueless, but i did see was that the passenger side had no rubbing issues it cleared everything.
I was planning on removing the crash bars and replacing them with aftermarker modded ones. Any clue on the offset difference or the noise?
Sponsored

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Hi everyone,
Yesterday I added a 2 1/2 leveling kit by Faction Fab to my rig and finished up with 18x9 Black Rhino Ruko wrapped with a 265/65 Bridgestone tires. First thing I notice was front driver side rubbed in a full right hand turn. I assumed the passenger side wuld be doing the same in the opposite direction. Took it to the algnment shop this morning to fix any steering/alignment issues. On my way home made a quick stop and go but on the go I started ti hearing a sorta whiney whistleing sound. got home to inspect but came up clueless, but i did see was that the passenger side had no rubbing issues it cleared everything.
I was planning on removing the crash bars and replacing them with aftermarker modded ones. Any clue on the offset difference or the noise?
Likely rubbing on the rear crash bar. My 33s wouldn't clear it at full lock no matter how much I pushed it. Used aftermarket crash bars myself.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Hi everyone,
Did you buy the +12 or -18 offset?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I'm really suspecting an issue with the wheels here. The offset is far off from factory that it causes the tire to rub easily!!

OP
OP
calistangr

calistangr

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you buy the +12 or -18 offset?
Thanks for the response I got the 12 everything clears I inspected everything and nothing at that point where it looks sketchy. I am rubbing on the front driveside crash bar.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Thanks for the response I got the 12 everything clears I inspected everything and nothing at that point where it looks sketchy. I am rubbing on the front driveside crash bar.
If you havent already done so I would suggest loosening the bolts and pushing the crash bar forward and then remove the plastic guards. See what you get after that and that will lead you to no more rubbing or the possibility of new crash bars!!!

OP
OP
calistangr

calistangr

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you havent already done so I would suggest loosening the bolts and pushing the crash bar forward and then remove the plastic guards. See what you get after that and that will lead you to no more rubbing or the possibility of new crash bars!!!
okay I, will give that a try. Thanks

OP
OP
calistangr

calistangr

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
okay I, will give that a try. Thanks
okay I loosen and set back the front crash bar no rubbing cleareance is good. Now the noise. I checked and double checked nothing is loose ortouching ,

OP
OP
calistangr

calistangr

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok I just went ahead and removed the front left crash bar as I will upgrading to the aftermarket ones. The noise only appears as the car is moving slowly Im thinking possibly my brakes are sticking not sure, like I mention earlier the sound appeared some time after I left the alignment shop and I never had brake problems before.
Sponsored