First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
So, I’m driving down the highway today and I hear a tapping type noise. Not constant but sporadic. About every 3-7 seconds. Sounds like it is coming from somewhere in the driver door. I push, pull, put window down then up, check everything I can think of. Only noticed on Interstate, not on side streets. So I get home and start checking outside of driver door Mirror tight, check door handle and find if you lift door handle up and down ( vertically) it makes a clicking noise like I was hearing. Tried all doors and they all do it. Anyone else’s door handles do this? Not 100% sure this was the noise but sure sounds same and was a little windy today.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dochatley

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I know you said it sounds like the drivers side.... but check the passenger seat belt buckle. I noticed when it’s turned around, it annoyingly made noise. ?
I read about that. I will check.
Thanks.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I know you said it sounds like the drivers side.... but check the passenger seat belt buckle. I noticed when it’s turned around, it annoyingly made noise. ?
Mine does this very same thing, and my wife when unbuckling it does so in a manner that consistently positions it so it will rattle up against the B piller... :curse:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Mine does this very same thing, and my wife when unbuckling it does so in a manner that consistently positions it so it will rattle up against the B piller... :curse:
Ditto on the noise and the wife issue.

Did I just say that??

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
Full disclosure.....
It's my Wife who unbuckles and leaves it to rattle as well!
TWC - Total Wife Conspiracy! ?

So I moved the seat all the way back in an attempt to allow the buckle to move freely between the B-Pillar and seat side-bolster.

The next time she gets in she exclaims:
"who's been sitting in my seat"

Busted! ?