Funny noise when interior fan runs.

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Just started happening the other day. I have a 2019 Lariat. When the fan comes on, it sounds like the old days when we used to take a clothesline hanger and attach it and a playing card to the spokes of our bicycle. Noise goes faster when I turn up the fan speed and gets lower. Seems to be coming from the passenger side but hard to tell.

I opened thehood and there is no leaves or anything that could be causing trouble. Any thoughts before o call the dealer. It is very annoying.
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Sounds like it's sucked a leaf in there. Check the cabin filter first as Ranger Pride suggested. If there's nothing there try turning the fan to high. It may blow whatever's in there right out. I've had success doing that in the past.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Ford fake bicycle noise just for you.
A like story is, driver says fan dont run. I looked in the defroster vents and found lots of pencil and pens. Driver stores them on the dash. :facepalm:

OP
OP

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Thanks for the replies. Took out the cabin air filter and there were a couple of leaves in there. Put it back together and the noise was still there (SOB). Took it apart again and turned the blower to full speed. Ticked for a few seconds then stopped. Let it blow for awhile longer and put it all back together and no more ticking.

don’t know what it was and as long as the noise is gone, I don’t really care.
Mark

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Line worker put a 100 dollar bill in there to drive you crazy. You and inflation has reduced that number. :lipssealed:

OP
OP

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Must have had a time release on that $100 bill. Went 32,000 miles and no ticking. Those line workers are tricky dudes/dudettes.

I’m just glad it is gone and hope it doesn’t come back.
Sponsored