noise

bullard1255

First Name
johnathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt fx4
has anyone figured out the noise that sounds like a droning or moaning type sound at speeds above 70 when you let off the gas or brake? when its below 70 you dont hear it
Sponsored

MarioCart

Banned
Banned
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Employed
I know I have read some others who have experienced it.
Try a search of the forum, perhaps it will come up

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
its probably a normal Ranger sound, just turn the radio up a bit?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Most likely it's your Ranger's assigned Gnome, and if your hearing moaning, he probably has his girlfriend over.
Has your Ranger came off the assembly line, it was assigned a permanent Gnome...
Depending on his temperament and your treatment of your Ranger, these Gnome's can be mean n nasty or fun n playful. Sounds like you got a playful one,

istockphoto-618967364-612x612.jpg

Jtom97

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
has anyone figured out the noise that sounds like a droning or moaning type sound at speeds above 70 when you let off the gas or brake? when its below 70 you dont hear it
Mine is at the dealer for the 4th time right now. Still trying to figure it out. No luck so far

MarioCart

Banned
Banned
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Employed
if you browse the interwebs for droning noises, you get pointed to a lot of F150 problems with similar complaints.
It does spread out a bit with the description and some say its a grinding noise, but lots describe it as a drone or humming when letting off the gas on the highway.

They point to the IWE solenoid. I do not know if we have those solenoids, but if we do it's possibly the same issue. They control the locking hubs for 4x4 I guess.

OP
OP
bullard1255

bullard1255

First Name
johnathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt fx4
if you browse the interwebs for droning noises, you get pointed to a lot of F150 problems with similar complaints.
It does spread out a bit with the description and some say its a grinding noise, but lots describe it as a drone or humming when letting off the gas on the highway.

They point to the IWE solenoid. I do not know if we have those solenoids, but if we do it's possibly the same issue. They control the locking hubs for 4x4 I guess.
Just looked it up and we don’t have the iwe solenoids

Scout

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT crew cab FX4
Occupation
Carpenter
I don’t know if this will be relevant but my 22’ Ranger was droning with some vibration when decelerating down hill and on brakes between (Canadian guy here) 84-100km. Turned out to there was an SSM to shim front differential. Had the work done on warranty and it is no more. Special Service Message 50656. Best of luck👍🏻

Jtom97

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
Let me know what they say
No luck. Said they heard the issue but could not figure it out. I’m out of luck. Wish someone who has had this exact issue could tell us how they fixed it.

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
This is just 1 of the many quirks you get with a Ford Ranger...
Sponsored