Retired Army/Registered Nurse.

CODave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
This is an older Ranger review from Outside magazine. It really breaks down what the Ranger is all about and I remember reading it back in '19 by an actual daily user as opposed to a review by someone who hops in it for an hour or two. May be interesting to some people.
https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-gear/cars-trucks/2019-ford-ranger-full-review/
Wes is a member here. If I read his posts correctly, the blue one was involved in a crash. He liked his Ranger so much that he bought another one.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
This is an older Ranger review from Outside magazine. It really breaks down what the Ranger is all about and I remember reading it back in '19 by an actual daily user as opposed to a review by someone who hops in it for an hour or two. May be interesting to some people.
https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-gear/cars-trucks/2019-ford-ranger-full-review/
I have to agree with Wes on the Hankooks. Lousy winter traction, the brown preservative is leeching out and the white lettering is smearing/spreading across the sidewall (not from curb scuffing). I'm thinking Cooper Discoverer AT3s or Pirelli Scorpions. before next winter. I just need a stock-ish tire with good snow & wet traction and occasional minimum maintenance road; no overlanding.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I have to agree with Wes on the Hankooks. Lousy winter traction, the brown preservative is leeching out and the white lettering is smearing/spreading across the sidewall (not from curb scuffing). I'm thinking Cooper Discoverer AT3s or Pirelli Scorpions. before next winter. I just need a stock-ish tire with good snow & wet traction and occasional minimum maintenance road; no overlanding.
i have the AT3 4s in 265/70 and really like them. The Hankooks were great on the road and are good for mpg’s, but the Coopers are a more capable all around truck tire.

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
“The only Ranger Review that matters”

finally an article title that lives up to its name. Excellent review.

obviously, choosing a vehicle is a subjective thing. What bothers me about a lot of reviews of cars and of the ranger in general is that the reviewers don’t usually spend more than a few days with the car. A lot of reviewers are also journalists first and have a slight interest in cars second, so I’ve always thought that their opinions seem insecure. I think this manifests itself by regurgitation of the subjective opinions of some other journalist whom they respect. The repetition of that opinion makes it seem like some sort of established truth. Same is true for other types of journalism. Too much content. Too much noise to sort through.
Sponsored