OP
OP
Stangman570

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
this statement at the end made me wonder if demographics play a major role in these reports.

Tesla ranked 27th among the 28 brands covered by the Annual Automotive Reliability study, with only Lincoln faring worse.

Lincoln cars are in our Ford family lineage, i expect the build and quality to be the same as any Ford....but the demographic that drives them, tend to be the older crowd, who likely expect a lot in return for their high end purchase. Does this maybe indicate that they are more apt to complain about the things that that don't work right, instead of shrugging it off and saying "meh they all get fuel in the oil in the beginning, drive it harder, it'll be ok"
Alot of these types of articles are chalked full of bias in one form or another. I can only attest to my own experience with owning both the Tacoma and now the Ranger. Hands down for me the Ranger wins everytime in comparison. You know for sure I use my trucks and not treat it as a road queen. Tacoma developed the infamous frame rot, contant replacement of front axle seals on both sides, cracked exhaust manifolds, constant swing bearing (driveline) replacements. Just got sick of it, now it's my son's problem as he bought it from me. I for one haven't experienced the oil issue, just flipped 42k on the clock and climbing.

Rowdy Ranger

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lighting Blue Ranger
Occupation
Certified Welder
before i read it, i am curious if it mentions the extremely unreliable engines these trucks have with the fuel in oil issues.

Now that I have that out of my system...i shall go read the article.
I don't have either problem you mentioned. These Ranger motors are tough as nails.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
this statement at the end made me wonder if demographics play a major role in these reports.

Tesla ranked 27th among the 28 brands covered by the Annual Automotive Reliability study, with only Lincoln faring worse.

Lincoln cars are in our Ford family lineage, i expect the build and quality to be the same as any Ford....but the demographic that drives them, tend to be the older crowd, who likely expect a lot in return for their high end purchase. Does this maybe indicate that they are more apt to complain about the things that that don't work right, instead of shrugging it off and saying "meh they all get fuel in the oil in the beginning, drive it harder, it'll be ok"
Hi RP,

Lincoln on the bottom is due to the Aviator launch which was a disaster beyond belief....

best,
Phil

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I can only imagine what the fan boys are saying about this over on Tacoma World? :angry: I'm sure they're making up every excuse in the book how this cant be right, the writer of the article is a Ford fan boy and this little 4cyl turbo is a joke blah, blah, blah. I still have my account over there so I might have to slum over and see if I can find out.?

“When it comes to pickup trucks, [domestics] own the market,” Fisher said. Case in point, Ford Ranger took the top spot. It even beat the time-tested Toyota Tacoma, the bestselling model in the midsize category, which came in third.

TheBadger

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 STX Crew 4Ă—4
Occupation
Union Pipefitter
I can only imagine what the fan boys are saying about this over on Tacoma World? :angry: I'm sure they're making up every excuse in the book how this cant be right, the writer of the article is a Ford fan boy and this little 4cyl turbo is a joke blah, blah, blah. I still have my account over there so I might have to slum over and see if I can find out.?
Cool! I always wanted to be a spy.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
S

Cool! I always wanted to be a spy.
I just went there and did a search and surprisingly nothing came up. There were a few posts about the Ranger but nothing from this article yet. Maybe they've come to realize there's a new king in town. ??

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
There’s saying some of the same crap you’ll hear on here. “These rankings are biased“ and “how much did Ford pay for this article“ and on and on and on…

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Another thing to keep in mind with these studies is that a lot of reliability complaints are with the tech and not the mechanical bits.

I can only imagine what the typical Lincoln owner thinks of Sync.

Edit: @AzScorpion , please let us know when you post this over on TW as I'm sure the fireworks will be quite entertaining.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Another thing to keep in mind with these studies is that a lot of reliability complaints are with the tech and not the mechanical bits.

I can only imagine what the typical Lincoln owner thinks of Sync.

Edit: @AzScorpion , please let us know when you post this over on TW as I'm sure the fireworks will be quite entertaining.
Dennis I'm going to keep checking over there to see if someone else posts it first. Then I might stir up the hornets nest and post it tomorrow if it's not on there. ?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Dennis I'm going to keep checking over there to see if someone else posts it first. Then I might stir up the hornets nest and post it tomorrow if it's not on there. ?
I just checked there and nada, zip, nothing.

If it does get posted I wouldn't be surprised to see it get buried.

"Oh, this is in the wrong forum. We need to move this post to the Nobody Goes Here area"
Sponsored