I will keep my gas powered Ford Ranger until the wheels fall off.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
The real Nicola Tesla had an EV demonstrator that ran for weeks without a charge...look it up...of course we can't have free energy...and we still can't...
Sponsored

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
EV wont fix the problem of tooo many people farts and politicians farts.

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
I love my ranger and I love the ecoboost engines. But I test drove a Mach e with my dad this past weekend and wow. The acceleration on that thing is really something.
My neighbor just brought one of these home a couple weeks ago. It is sweet. The one thing I don't really like is the ungodly screen protruding from the dash. Just looks out of place and trying too hard to show it's presence. It needs to be more integrated INTO the dash. I beleive some of the Tesla's are the same way.

Previous to ordering the Ranger I had a 2014 Accord hybrid. Having full torque available from 0 RPM is nice, real nice. The thing felt powerful. Having this with dual motors and the battery to back it up would be unreal.

Last edited:

gov cheese

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt super cab
Aptera is making something similar. Up to 1000 mile range and may never need to plug in to charge due to solar panels build it

Apterra.jpg

1616633094662.png
not even close that thing looks like crap and will drive the same. Watch the carver video and you'll know why it is different from other 3 wheel vehicles.

gov cheese

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt super cab
Oh look same old tired argument that we hear all the time.
Was it factory's and cars or cow farts that caused a drought that ended the Egyptian pyramid builders 4000 years ago?

What caused a mini ice-age 12000 years ago? Guess that was man-made too.

Now what makes people think that they can control earths weather. Can you control volcanic events that affect climate globally?

Sorry i forgot new carbon tax will fix all things climate related that the jack A's that push it need private jets to spread the word.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Oh look same old tired argument that we hear all the time.
There have been several periods of warming and cooling before the combustion engine was developed. Where I live used to be under a 2 mile thick sheet of ice so obviously the climate changed an human pollution wasn't around to cause it. Could industrial activity increase the change? maybe. pursuing a cleaner planet isn't a bad thing but it wasn't pushing the agenda enough so along came the scare tactics of killing the planet in 10 years.

When a cleaner, practical, affordable alternative is widely available you won't need to threaten an scare people into transitioning to it.

nolan62

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
IT Engineer
Day after Christmas I bought my 2020 Ranger. I plan to retire sometime next year so this is my last vehicle. I could have have gone EV but......you know, my last vehicle. I will drive it until my Sons take my keys away.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
The issue which galls me the most, is the battery-powered pundits calling their creations Green & Environmentally Friendly! I'll be damned if they are! What's missing here is the cost of making the vehicles in the first place, and recycling the components once they're past their usefulness. BEVs almost quadruple the over-all recycle cost when compared to ICEVs.

Oh! Did anyone mention their crash worthiness?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Oh! Did anyone mention their crash worthiness?
Hi Alan,

You mean you are a fraidy cat to wander into a BVE in a crash due to the potential of 320V being present??? I would be right with you! Poor first responders that have to face this danger...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Mark Lally

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT supercab ,2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
I think the problem is it seems most EV an hybrid drivers have a superiority complex about they're better than everyone else because they're saving the world. No one wants to be one of those a holes
I drive both a Ranger and a Fusion hybrid; does that make me half a$$ hole or half better than everybody else ???

Mark Lally

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT supercab ,2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
Where do the precious metals that make up the EV battery come from?
From mining and drilling, just like coal, oil and natural gas. All these hydrocarbons must be replenished at every fill up, the precious metals stay with the vehicle and can be recycled when the vehicle is at the end of it's life.

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
From mining and drilling, just like coal, oil and natural gas. All these hydrocarbons must be replenished at every fill up, the precious metals stay with the vehicle and can be recycled when the vehicle is at the end of it's life.
Coal technology is pretty well establish and clean burning...any idea what it takes to process cobalt sulfates and oxides used in Lithium batteries which are produced in China? We can trust them to be environmentally conscientious I'm sure...;);)
Sponsored

Last edited: