scoot

scoot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Hooookay, I finally got the exhaust installed. I tried using a flex head wrench on the bolt connecting to the downpipe. No go. I couldn't find my extension cord which meant I couldn't used my wired Dremel.

This morning I got a cordless Dremel and that did the trick. Cut that clamp right off!

RenderedImage.jpeg

In other news, my ICON UCAs came in today! I'm planning to install the front coilovers and UCAs on Saturday. Am scheduled to get wheels/tires mounted Monday.

OP
OP
scoot

scoot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Installed the coilovers today. I didn't have a big enough socket or wrench to get the UCAs done, unfortunately.

The toughest part was probably cutting the intrusion beams off , in terms of effort. Just not a lot of room in there. I also popped the sway bar out of the link boot on the driver's side. I need to figure out how to reattach it.

Anyway, getting wheels and tires mounted Monday. I'm trying to decide whether or not to just have someone do the UCA and fix the sway bar for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
scoot

scoot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Ran down to the beach to get a couple pics before the sun set.

Image from iOS (1).jpg
Image from iOS (2).jpg
Image from iOS (3).jpg

And one showing how far the tires stick out. w/17x9 +20mm offset 285/70/R17:

Image from iOS (4).jpg

OP
OP
scoot

scoot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
I ordered a new sway bar end link from Ford. It was $26, so not bad. Shop wanted to charge me an hour labor to install it, lol. I think I'm gonna install the UCAs tomorrow or Wednesday, then get an alignment.

Reactions: Doc

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
I ordered a new sway bar end link from Ford. It was $26, so not bad. Shop wanted to charge me an hour labor to install it, lol. I think I'm gonna install the UCAs tomorrow or Wednesday, then get an alignment.
Truck looks great. What's UCA's?

Goodrx

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Can you post a pic that really shows off the bronze? Im trying to talk my wife into them.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
How do you like your MBRP turndown exhaust? Any issues? Drone? Fumes? I am looking at this in stainless and to be honest I am doing it more for the flow than the sound, so if it isn't too deafening, then it would be perfect.

OP
OP
scoot

scoot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
I like it. It's a little loud at startup but the sound tightens up after the engine warms up. Installation was a bit of a pain; I had to use a dremel with cutoff wheel to get the forward-most clamp off. Easy peasy, otherwise.

OP
OP
scoot

scoot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Been a minute, but I've done a few things to the truck. I'll probably do a full update but here're some pics:

IMG-0719.jpg

IMG-0803.jpg
Sponsored