Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
Brake Cleaner will remove crayon marks
Thanks again for the tip ... got 90% of the crayon off (the bending was killing my back), then I used the MeGuire's Hot Foam to ensure the tires were conditioned again. The tire looks low in the picture, just a low spot from the ground under the driveway freezing and that corner cracking. Normally the vehicle is farther "in" the driveway, but the trash trailer is there, Starting the ever ongoing "Spring Cleaning of the garage :blush:.

IMG_0243.jpeg
Sponsored

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
Thanks again for the tip ... got 90% of the crayon off (the bending was killing my back), then I used the MeGuire's Hot Foam to ensure the tires were conditioned again. The tire looks low in the picture, just a low spot from the ground under the driveway freezing and that corner cracking. Normally the vehicle is farther "in" the driveway, but the trash trailer is there, Starting the ever ongoing "Spring Cleaning of the garage :blush:.

IMG_0243.jpeg
Looks Great!..Glad that Helped..thats what this sharing is all about..Hope those tires work out well for You...
Chuck

OP
OP
2020FRL

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I've got 300 miles or so on them already ... the ride is great, there is no rubbing. There is a 3.59% speedo error. I've modified my vehicle program to adjust my mpg calculations to adjust for that. While driving, I just mentally adjust 4% two keep the math simple. for example, speedo says 75, 75 x .04 = 3, so drop to 72 mph. I realize that 90% of police will not issue tickets for up to 5 over the limit. I've come to realize that I fall in the 10% group. During the 55 mph national speed limit, I once got a ticket for 57 mph. Fought it in court and the judge agreed my speedo could be "off". So now, I just stay under the speed limit.

There is an up side to all the mental calculations ... if I ever sell the Ranger, the odometer will be 3.59% lower than actual ... LOL.

OP
OP
2020FRL

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Decided since we are 50* this afternoon in Grand Junction Colorado, that it was time to do the Ceramic Coating before the bugs get too bad..

The entire truck was wiped down with a clay bar, then alcohol. After that, I did the Spray, wipe on, let dry, then wipe off.

The whole process took about 3 hours. Not too bad. The rolling seat worked well to keep me from bending over so much, really saved the back.

Worked well. Might do the McKey’s 37 wax on top, we’ll see. It's a ceramic friendly wax that really makes things sparkle.

The big disadvantage to a white truck, is when you give it three hours of love, the results are not as dramatic as when you do it to a dark one or metallic. ?

The big advantage is when you don't give the white truck any love all winter, it still looks pretty good. ?

The Black trike after doing this:

01 Right Rear Fender.jpeg

The white Truck, Pics don't really do it justice. The last pic at least shows the reflection really well. Bugs won't stick to this stuff for at least a year, two if IU do the MeKey's on top.

IMG_0246.jpeg
IMG_0248.jpeg
IMG_0249.jpeg
IMG_0250.jpeg

OP
OP
2020FRL

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
My Under Cover Elite LX Tonneau arrived today. It was not accepted. Looked like someone drove a fork lift fork into the box and brough the carpeting ... sent back to the company.

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
My Under Cover Elite LX Tonneau arrived today. It was not accepted. Looked like someone drove a fork lift fork into the box and brough the carpeting ... sent back to the company.
Sorry to Hear That...You would think a Shippers like UPS or Fed Ex wouldn't toss around Merchandise like an NFL Football. Really shameful....

OP
OP
2020FRL

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
It came via an independent trucker. He works for a company out of Denver. He doesn't load or unload the truck. He just drives. Nothing in the truck was tied down. At the very back end of the truck was an above ground pool. The box looked like it had been sitting in water for weeks. The cardboard box held 300# according to the driver. My cover was leaning against the wall. It was in fine shape except for the torn carpeting underneath. In the second picture you can see a "dent" on the carpeting. That "dent" has a tear you can put your hand in.

Here's the fork lift hole:

IMG_0260.jpeg

Here's the tear in the carpet. You can also see the box was the size of a full size pickup cover, long bed. My cover was just sliding around it it.

IMG_0258.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
2020FRL

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Got a response to my "Damaged in Shipping Ticket" ... they have had issues before with the Denver to Junction Company ... the offered me a replacement, as many times as needed to get a good one ... that didn't sound so good to me ... so, then they offered a refund. I opted for a refund. Gonna try to find a supplier for them more local. Then they can deal with it.

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Got a response to my "Damaged in Shipping Ticket" ... they have had issues before with the Denver to Junction Company ... the offered me a replacement, as many times as needed to get a good one ... that didn't sound so good to me ... so, then they offered a refund. I opted for a refund. Gonna try to find a supplier for them more local. Then they can deal with it.
That is exactly what I did. Look for a local truck supply company who installs & orders Parts from Truck Hero Direct & they will probably ship Fed Ex or a Name Brand Shipper who will Not damage it.

OP
OP
2020FRL

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Chaged my mind of the ProClip mount. I'm still gonna use it, but for a GoPro Mount after I modify it a bit..

I got one of the "Dash" Versions. I mounted it to the far right and routed the wiring behind the dash. I may tap into the 12 volt plug with a female plug and keep it all behind the dash. For now, this works.

IMG_0285.jpeg

OP
OP
2020FRL

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
So today I finally got my refund for the tonneau issued ... two weeks, the said due to Covid, my refund was delayed. Not sure how that can be true when it shipped after being painted in 6 days. But, whatever ... LOL

Also, We finally had a "dry" day, so I installed the SS "Ranger Badging and the "Chief" Badging.

Before:

IMG_0249.jpeg

After:

IMG_0321.jpeg

IMG_0320.jpeg

OP
OP
2020FRL

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Finally figured out a "Bluetooth Brake Controller Security System".

I know this will not prevent a "crook" from stealing it, ... it might keep the honest folks honest. Pretty sure I will remove it at night in hotels.

I do think this will prevent it from vibrating out and bouncing down the road.

IMG_0323.jpeg

IMG_0324.jpeg

IMG_0325.jpeg

OP
OP
2020FRL

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The Big Score

I went to a friends house today (he just had surgery on his throat to remove cancer), and he saw the new to me Lariat out his window. We went outside, he looked it over, then we sat on his porch and just talked.

He was telling me about his grandson and his 2019 Ranger. He was telling me about his "build", to be honest, I really wasn't sure what he was talking about. Lift this, rack that ... LOL.

Anyway, I mentioned that the only thing I didn't like about my Ranger was the 18" wheels. I explained ed that I had gone a size up on the height to increase sidewall, but, at some point, I'd like to get a set of 17" STX wheels (I really think the silver would look great on the Oxford White truck. He says hang on a minute, picks up his phone and has a conversation.

He tells me his grandson said I could have his set of four taken off with ~100 miles for $200. They are mounted, balanced, and include tpms sensors. I asked where I'd need to go to pick them up. Apparently his grandson owns an independent trucking company and makes runs to Grand Junction every other week.

The wheels should be here next week ... ? ... He said if I didn't like them, no harm no foul. I'll post pics when I get them.

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The Big Score

I went to a friends house today (he just had surgery on his throat to remove cancer), and he saw the new to me Lariat out his window. We went outside, he looked it over, then we sat on his porch and just talked.

He was telling me about his grandson and his 2019 Ranger. He was telling me about his "build", to be honest, I really wasn't sure what he was talking about. Lift this, rack that ... LOL.

Anyway, I mentioned that the only thing I didn't like about my Ranger was the 18" wheels. I explained ed that I had gone a size up on the height to increase sidewall, but, at some point, I'd like to get a set of 17" STX wheels (I really think the silver would look great on the Oxford White truck. He says hang on a minute, picks up his phone and has a conversation.

He tells me his grandson said I could have his set of four taken off with ~100 miles for $200. They are mounted, balanced, and include tpms sensors. I asked where I'd need to go to pick them up. Apparently his grandson owns an independent trucking company and makes runs to Grand Junction every other week.

The wheels should be here next week ... ? ... He said if I didn't like them, no harm no foul. I'll post pics when I get them.
You scored a Grand Slam Homer! I have the same wheels with my General ATX 265/70/17 tires for winter Use....Love them! I will change to my Summer tires & Rims here very Shortly.

OP
OP
2020FRL

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The wheels came today, well, yesterday, but I got them on the truck today. I think they look good on the white and the ride is improved.

IMG_0387.jpeg

IMG_0388.jpeg
Sponsored