Hurricane Dorian & Protecting my New Ranger!

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
So, I just picked up my Lariat on Monday and hurricane Dorian is expected to hit this coming Monday...yup, 1 week.

I live in South Florida and the track is moving further south at each advisory. Garage is full of "stuff" that has to be taken in or it becomes flying debris. No room for my truck or my wife's Escape.

Our house is surrounded by trees so there's that too. Fortunately we have impact windows but roofs don't like trees.

Going to prepare several houses of family and elderly neighbors this weekend and hunker down. We will latest prepare for the worst and hope for the best. At the latest advisory, Dorian is expected to hit the coast as a cat 4 just north of West Palm Beach then veer north up the state towards Orlando. Good luck Mickey Mouse.

Wish us Floridians luck. We'll need it.

Oh yeah, pray for my new truck. ;-)
Sponsored

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
So, I just picked up my Lariat on Monday and hurricane Dorian is expected to hit this coming Monday...yup, 1 week.

I live in South Florida and the track is moving further south at each advisory. Garage is full of "stuff" that has to be taken in or it becomes flying debris. No room for my truck or my wife's Escape.

Our house is surrounded by trees so there's that too. Fortunately we have impact windows but roofs don't like trees.

Going to prepare several houses of family and elderly neighbors this weekend and hunker down. We will latest prepare for the worst and hope for the best. At the latest advisory, Dorian is expected to hit the coast as a cat 4 just north of West Palm Beach then veer north up the state towards Orlando. Good luck Mickey Mouse.

Maybe it's time to see how the new truck does on a road trip?

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Stay safe...........

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of elderly family and neighbors I assist. We'll be fine. Would suck if the new truck was damaged but hey, that why we have insurance.
Good luck - I rode out a hurricane at my parents house many years ago and it wasn't a particularly strong one - but it was pretty rough. They were out of power for almost a day and when driving around afterwards it looked like a war zone - palm fronds down EVERYWHERE.

It doesn't help that the body panels are really thin and dent pretty easily. Hopefully you get thru it with no issues.

Reactions: Doc

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Lots of elderly family and neighbors I assist. We'll be fine. Would suck if the new truck was damaged but hey, that why we have insurance.
We're all pullin' for ya!

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic

Good luck and stay safe!!

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
Hunting for a parking spot for mine as well. It's common practice around here for people to leave them in parking garages. If I can't find a spot in a family members garage then that may be where mine rides things out. Good luck out there, be prepared and stay safe. Don't let the media scare you.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Florida window dressing!
1B357183-78F9-44B9-B404-5D4CDDAEABAB.jpeg

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck to you and all the folks down there.
Sponsored