How ridiculous is it that you STILL can't build and price a 2021 Ranger on Ford's website in January 2021???

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
I seriously doubt that anybody who truly likes the current Ranger platform will be swayed because Ford doesn't have an app. I bought the Ranger because if it's offroad capabilities, it's legroom, it's mileage and it fits in my garage without a shoe horn. I'll be spending years behind it's steering wheel and I did my homework before it's purchase. The app would have been convenient but hardly a deal breaker.
You make the assumption that people who like the Ranger like ONLY the Ranger. If one were choosing between two in a coinflip, as many consumers will be, they are going to look very skeptically at a company that has misfired so badly in the launch of two new vehicles and can't get their act together for a third vehicle which is nearing the end of its shelf-life. People who are considering a Tacoma or a Colorado are going to look at the website and think, "This vehicle is having problems because I can't even look at it online." These people don't come to the Ranger forums to hear the inside scoop that some here have; they are regular consumers, swayed by the latest tv ad.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
I vote we go back to 2019.
If we're gonna do it, do it right.

Let's go back to 2018 and convince Ford to simply bring us the Euro/Aussie Ranger, including the Raptor. Then, we wouldn't be worrying about this Tremor so much! :clap:

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX4 Level 2
Occupation
Tech
Ford has sent me spinning with all the bullshit information and false promises.

I have been looking hard at other options... Including but not limited to:

Ranger Tremor
Used Ranger with Baja Kits Long travel
Used Ranger with APG ProRunner Conversion
Used Ranger with Mid Travel Kit
HMMWV

Mid travel And baja kits LT are my personal favorites in the running for NON bronco options. Im terrified of trail damage to 2500 dollar fender on the APG.....

Used/ Mid Travel is looking good, with 4000 lb more towing than bronco.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I often laugh when the common Joe describes how billionaires and billion dollar companies are incompetent fools. They can barely keep up with their own finances but are positive they know how to manage a lot more zeros.
I laugh when the common Joe sticks up for these same billionaire/millionaires who should have enough money to pay for a decent IT company. Fords B&P is a mess on more than one of their vehicles which tells me they're being cheap at our expense! Plus your're making a very broad ASSumption that he (Timmothy) doesn't know how to manage his money from his post. :facepalm:

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
I laugh when the common Joe sticks up for these same billionaire/millionaires who should have enough money to pay for a decent IT company. Fords B&P is a mess on more than one of their vehicles which tells me they're being cheap at our expense! Plus your're making a very broad ASSumption that he (Timmothy) doesn't know how to manage his money from his post. :facepalm:
Be a rebel and don't patronize the company. Trade your truck in for another. That will sure show them. But that's not how the internet forum works. It's a bastion for the whiney putz who wants everything they can't have. This forum isn't any different.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Be a rebel and don't patronize the company. Trade your truck in for another. That will sure show them. But that's not how the internet forum works. It's a bastion for the whiney putz who wants everything they can't have. This forum isn't any different.

There's The Door.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
But we would have to do 2020 again. :crazy:
Bright spot though, I came to ownership of my Ranger :like:
True but now we'd be prepared for the mess that was about to happen. Plus maybe you'd have got your Ranger a year early knowing all this. ?

Bertbronco

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Occupation
Sales
January 9th and still can't build a 21 Ranger or Mustang

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
Ford has sent me spinning with all the bullshit information and false promises.

I have been looking hard at other options... Including but not limited to:

Ranger Tremor
Used Ranger with Baja Kits Long travel
Used Ranger with APG ProRunner Conversion
Used Ranger with Mid Travel Kit
HMMWV

Mid travel And baja kits LT are my personal favorites in the running for NON bronco options. Im terrified of trail damage to 2500 dollar fender on the APG.....

Used/ Mid Travel is looking good, with 4000 lb more towing than bronco.
Did you by chance look in rangers for sale on this site? This is still listed...not too far PA.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/2019-ranger-complete-custom-for-sale.3846/

E60C424E-2BA5-458C-8DB4-2F927FA58F6D.jpeg

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I mean, the 2020 has been out of production for a couple months, the 2021 has been in production for nearly a month and still, only the 2020 on their website. Does Ford really want to turn off potential customers this much? I know I can build it on edmunds.com, but that doesn't show you what it's going to look like, or allow you to actually see the difference when you add/subtract an option and see all different angles of it.

Come on, Ford. There are people that want to throw their money at you!
I totally agree. When people begin to cross shop brands, one of the first things people do is build the vehicle online they are hoping to buy, get a list of specs and an MSRP to go with said build.

I had no problem going onto the Toyota website today and virtually building my “perfect” 2021 Taco. No such luck doing the same on the Ford website for 2021. Having this basic info online when the Ranger is practically unchanged for 2021 is unacceptable in my mind.
Sponsored

Last edited: