How many Stubbys are out there?

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Yup! 2 inch Stubby installed shortly after I got it in Feb 2019!
Sponsored

RangerJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Chief Maintenance Engineer
I bought one on Amazon and it was too big. They sent me a second one and it was to big also. Boxes were marked correctly.

20200731_104145.jpg

OP
OP
RangerMarc

RangerMarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2002 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Traffic Signal Technician
I bought one on Amazon and it was too big. They sent me a second one and it was to big also. Boxes were marked correctly.

20200731_104145.jpg
Got mine from Cravenspeed and it was correct..!!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hey, RangerMarc, your truck looks great--and so does your name! While we were all waiting for delivery of our 2019 Rangers, there was a lot of discussion about the antenna and whether it would fit under this or that obstacle, get torn off in the car wash, etc. I even started researching stubbier alternatives, but once I took delivery (on August 18th), I found that, in my garage and among the places I go and things I do, it did not actually rub or hit anything. I hand-wash the truck myself, and so no car wash-related risk either. So, even though I always listen to music via CarPlay and never turn on the radio, I had come to like the antenna's look and just left well enough alone.
Leaving mine too. I think it looks good & the roof of my carport is high so does not hit it. :)

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

20200731_104145.jpg
I got mine on Amazon in June and it was correct. I looked recently and it seems there have been a few recent complaints in the reviews about getting the wrong one on Amazon. I wonder if anyone has let CravenSpeed know as it seems to be an ongoing problem.

Anyway for those reading probably best to get it direct from CS right now to avoid the problem. I think they are the same price in both places and I think CS also offers free shipping.

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
I was just in the pool:

Towards the end of the clip

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol

20200731_104145.jpg
Yep, Amazon sent me the same one with too big of a base, at least the return was easy.

PalmettoRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4x4 Magnetic Ranger XLT SuperCrew with STX package
I ordered one a few months ago after whacking the OEM antenna in a couple of parking garages. I admittedly do not use it that much (I listen to podcasts mostly and generally use my phone or Sirius for music), but I have no complaints.

Capt'n Awesome

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 05 Wrangler, 19 Slingshot, 04 330xi
Occupation
Enthusiast
Yep, Amazon sent me the same one with too big of a base, at least the return was easy.
Same here. Folks at craven speed were rock stars about getting me one that works.

Last edited:

RangerJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Chief Maintenance Engineer
I ordered one from Craven today.

rah1975

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Not sure why Ford decided to put such a long antenna on an already tall vehicle but my antenna rubs the fully opened garage door going in and out. Installed the Stubby Jr. antenna I bought from CravenSpeed and issue is resolved. There's gotta be more Stubbys out there...
Put a 4" stubby on my Ranger so it wouldn't hit the garage door. Works great and looks better than the stock antenna.
Sponsored