First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2002 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Traffic Signal Technician
Not sure why Ford decided to put such a long antenna on an already tall vehicle but my antenna rubs the fully opened garage door going in and out. Installed the Stubby Jr. antenna I bought from CravenSpeed and issue is resolved. There's gotta be more Stubbys out there...
Sponsored

JetEngr19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Jeep Wranger
Not sure why Ford decided to put such a long antenna on an already tall vehicle but my antenna rubs the fully opened garage door going in and out. Installed the Stubby Jr. antenna I bought from CravenSpeed and issue is resolved. There's gotta be more Stubbys out there...
I’ve been running without the antenna and my radio has worked fine. The dealer didn’t install mine (left it in the glove box) so I didn’t bother with it for a long time. I did install it one day but it would hit the garage door so I took it back off. Since the radio works fine, I just leave it off.

OP
OP
RangerMarc

RangerMarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’ve been running without the antenna and my radio has worked fine. The dealer didn’t install mine (left it in the glove box) so I didn’t bother with it for a long time. I did install it one day but it would hit the garage door so I took it back off. Since the radio works fine, I just leave it off.
Mine wasn't installed by the dealer either, found it in the glove box as well, but my stations wouldn't tune in until I installed it..

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I've had one for about 2 months now. It was one of the first things I bought after getting my Ranger and seeing people mention them here. Aside from the extra clearance I just think it looks better than the factory one. I don't often listen to AM/FM and mostly got it to plug the hole after removing the factory antenna.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Damn I was nervous to open this thread! I left mine long as every inch counts. ?
Hi Dave,

Okay...I get it...you cannot be charged with rape...just assault with a dead weapon?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Dave,

Okay...I get it...you cannot be charged with rape...just assault with a dead weapon?
Hi Phil,

Well, you know as we get older there's shrinkage so every inch counts. lol

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, RangerMarc, your truck looks great--and so does your name! While we were all waiting for delivery of our 2019 Rangers, there was a lot of discussion about the antenna and whether it would fit under this or that obstacle, get torn off in the car wash, etc. I even started researching stubbier alternatives, but once I took delivery (on August 18th), I found that, in my garage and among the places I go and things I do, it did not actually rub or hit anything. I hand-wash the truck myself, and so no car wash-related risk either. So, even though I always listen to music via CarPlay and never turn on the radio, I had come to like the antenna's look and just left well enough alone.

Last edited:

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
I recently re-established contact with an old Navy buddy I hadn't seen for almost 20 years. Seconds into our first phone call, we dove headfirst into juvenile humor and remembered why we were such good buddies.

Moral of the story is, it's never to old to act like a jacka$$.

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
I was moving some deck wood when I first got the truck and the entire thing got bumped and there's a big gap on it now. I need to figure out how to fix that. Stupid place for an antenna. Stupid.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was moving some deck wood when I first got the truck and the entire thing got bumped and there's a big gap on it now. I need to figure out how to fix that. Stupid place for an antenna. Stupid.
That's actually a common spot for the antenna on most vehicles. Maybe the crackhead that washes your truck can fix it. ?

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
That's actually a common spot for the antenna on most vehicles. Maybe the crackhead that washes your truck can fix it. ?
If it wasn't for radio being the only communication after a hurricane, I'd rather just get rid of it all together.

OP
OP
RangerMarc

RangerMarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hey, RangerMarc, your truck looks great--and so does your name! While we were all waiting for delivery of our 2019 Rangers, there was a lot of discussion about the antenna and whether it would fit under this or that obstacle, get torn off in the car wash, etc. I even started researching stubbier alternatives, but once I took delivery (on August 18th), I found that, in my garage and among the places I go and things I do, it did not actually rub or hit anything. I hand-wash the truck myself, and so no car wash-related risk either. So, even though I always listen to music via CarPlay and never turn on the radio, I had come to like the antenna's look and just left well enough alone.
Cool name...
Cool truck as well..!!
Sponsored