How long for the Ranger smile to fade?

Jata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma
My smile started to fade after I got my truck back from the dealer after repairing/replacing the injector for maintenance service light with just 6 miles on the truck. Never left the dealer parking lot!, They reset and then came back on the next morning. Long story short after owning the truck for 7 days I had it just 1! Guess what it's back at the dealers again. This time for the back seat latch issue and also the rear armrest takes all you can give it to pull it out of the seat. Yes, I could have fixed the rear seat latch issue, but I'm not going to. It's a $46K truck and should have went through different levels of quality and acceptance inspections. Also, the one day I did have it after getting the injector replace I notices a crease in the drivers door about 8" down from the door handle and about 2" in from the door edge? The crease or several creases are about 4" long kind of like tiger stripes? Any body else notice these on their truck. I didn't notice the day I got it because was in a hurry to get it and then the maintenance engine light distracted my from completing my walk around. Got home and parked in the garage under florescent lights and the creases jumped out at me. Called the dealer and of course they said basically it sucks to be you (not really), you drove it off the lot. Long story short here as well got into a pretty heated argument with the general manager of the dealer. He basically called me a liar without saying so much and said not his problem. I had no proof dent was there before leaving the parking lot. Blah Blah Blah.....and literally said I'm done talking with you and walked away. Well I yelled over to him and said pictures took the day I picked the truck up while still in their possession show the dents (thanks wife). She took a couple random pictures while I was doing the paperwork and one of them was at just the right angle to see the dents or waves. Then he tried accusing us of doctoring the pictures. Hell, I'm nearly 60...barely can use a cell phone let alone doctor pictures. Anyway the service guy looked at the pictures and the date/time of the photo and said it looks like there's a dent there to me. The general manager was pissed and stormed off again....complaining how the dealer doesn't make the cars and he is tired of having to eat manufacturing issues. Any one else notice random dents or waves in there body panels?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My smile started to fade after I got my truck back from the dealer after repairing/replacing the injector for maintenance service light with just 6 miles on the truck. Never left the dealer parking lot!, They reset and then came back on the next morning. Long story short after owning the truck for 7 days I had it just 1! Guess what it's back at the dealers again. This time for the back seat latch issue and also the rear armrest takes all you can give it to pull it out of the seat. Yes, I could have fixed the rear seat latch issue, but I'm not going to. It's a $46K truck and should have went through different levels of quality and acceptance inspections. Also, the one day I did have it after getting the injector replace I notices a crease in the drivers door about 8" down from the door handle and about 2" in from the door edge? The crease or several creases are about 4" long kind of like tiger stripes? Any body else notice these on their truck. I didn't notice the day I got it because was in a hurry to get it and then the maintenance engine light distracted my from completing my walk around. Got home and parked in the garage under florescent lights and the creases jumped out at me. Called the dealer and of course they said basically it sucks to be you (not really), you drove it off the lot. Long story short here as well got into a pretty heated argument with the general manager of the dealer. He basically called me a liar without saying so much and said not his problem. I had no proof dent was there before leaving the parking lot. Blah Blah Blah.....and literally said I'm done talking with you and walked away. Well I yelled over to him and said pictures took the day I picked the truck up while still in their possession show the dents (thanks wife). She took a couple random pictures while I was doing the paperwork and one of them was at just the right angle to see the dents or waves. Then he tried accusing us of doctoring the pictures. Hell, I'm nearly 60...barely can use a cell phone let alone doctor pictures. Anyway the service guy looked at the pictures and the date/time of the photo and said it looks like there's a dent there to me. The general manager was pissed and stormed off again....complaining how the dealer doesn't make the cars and he is tired of having to eat manufacturing issues. Any one else notice random dents or waves in there body panels?
I've been told by insiders that vehicles are damaged more often than anyone likes to admit during transit, but it is usually quietly fixed.

Sounds like either you have a bad dealer or the GM was having a bad day. Either way, that behavior was unprofessional. Sorry that a poor dealer experience and some quality issues are causing your smile to fade.

I think the stripes on the door panel sound like something that has been reported - some defect in the door panel. As far as I know the only resolution is to replace the door panel, which some dealers have done.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I know one dealer who is going to get ripped on the survey they pump up and beg for all top grades.

OP
OP
ExChief45

ExChief45

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chrysler Concorde
Occupation
Gas System Operations - Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I know one dealer who is going to get ripped on the survey they pump up and beg for all top grades.
If you have problems they don't send the survey

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry some of you guys are having problems and I hope you get them worked out soon but I'm still having fun and smiling all the while.
Ranger138.jpg

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry some of you guys are having problems and I hope you get them worked out soon but I'm still having fun and smiling all the while.
Ranger138.jpg
Ditto here - 2,114 miles as of today and I'm still loving my truck and wanting to drive it every chance I get. No smile fading here yet!

OP
OP
ExChief45

ExChief45

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chrysler Concorde
Occupation
Gas System Operations - Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously??....I thought it was the Mother Ship that sent them independent of the dealer
I never got 1 from Ford. Always the dealer. I am having a bit of problems with the service department right now (first time and have been going there since 1994) and I know I won't get a survey once this is corrected.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Ive got one from Ford(or their marketing co.) about the initial truck purchase and another about the first service the dealer did, I did the first but havent bothered with the other.

Anywho, at 52, I cant remember being this pleased with a vehicle before, other than my motorbikes, I picked it up Jan.11th and at 13,000+ km(8000+miles) Im still smiling ear to ear!