Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I smiled today the whole 400 mile round trip I made.

R4T F1NK

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
My smile started to fade after I got my truck back from the dealer after repairing/replacing the injector for maintenance service light with just 6 miles on the truck. Never left the dealer parking lot!, They reset and then came back on the next morning. Long story short after owning the truck for 7 days I had it just 1! Guess what it's back at the dealers again. This time for the back seat latch issue and also the rear armrest takes all you can give it to pull it out of the seat. Yes, I could have fixed the rear seat latch issue, but I'm not going to. It's a $46K truck and should have went through different levels of quality and acceptance inspections. Also, the one day I did have it after getting the injector replace I notices a crease in the drivers door about 8" down from the door handle and about 2" in from the door edge? The crease or several creases are about 4" long kind of like tiger stripes? Any body else notice these on their truck. I didn't notice the day I got it because was in a hurry to get it and then the maintenance engine light distracted my from completing my walk around. Got home and parked in the garage under florescent lights and the creases jumped out at me. Called the dealer and of course they said basically it sucks to be you (not really), you drove it off the lot. Long story short here as well got into a pretty heated argument with the general manager of the dealer. He basically called me a liar without saying so much and said not his problem. I had no proof dent was there before leaving the parking lot. Blah Blah Blah.....and literally said I'm done talking with you and walked away. Well I yelled over to him and said pictures took the day I picked the truck up while still in their possession show the dents (thanks wife). She took a couple random pictures while I was doing the paperwork and one of them was at just the right angle to see the dents or waves. Then he tried accusing us of doctoring the pictures. Hell, I'm nearly 60...barely can use a cell phone let alone doctor pictures. Anyway the service guy looked at the pictures and the date/time of the photo and said it looks like there's a dent there to me. The general manager was pissed and stormed off again....complaining how the dealer doesn't make the cars and he is tired of having to eat manufacturing issues. Any one else notice random dents or waves in there body panels?
I noticed small waves and dents on my passenger side back door. The paint quality also looks off, not sure if it’s a defect from factory or poor quality repair.

alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger (2019), Chevrolet Camaro 2002 Anniversary Edition
Honestly, probably a long time. I'm guessing, at least for me, a few years until the carbon buildup on the valves causes miss fires out of warranty. Direct injection engines (especially those with Turbos) appear designed to fail at high millage. :( Until then, this truck is going to make me very happy !!!

Last edited:

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, probably a long time. I'm guessing, at least for me, a few years until the carbon buildup on the valves causes miss fires out of warranty. Direct injection engines (especially those with Turbos) appear designed to fail at high millage. :( Until then, this truck is going to make me very happy !!!

My 2013 Escape had 95k on it when I treaded her in never had a problem. From time to time I'd pour a bottle of SeaFoam into the gas tank preventative maintenance.

Typow

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Vehicle Showcase
My smiles not fading anytime soon. I park in the boonies with all the other trucks in parking lots. The longer walk let's me see Gunner longer! I also play around with how far away the remote start works. One HUGE factor in my smiles is when I am parked all the double takes and the comments, "hey, thats new ranger, I like it" On the beach Ive herd, listen to that turbo on the new Ranger" my smile will probably fade after I see 6 or 8 other rangers in the parking lot.