First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4
Occupation
I manage humans that manage computers.
A real a-hole on a motorcycle decided to punch my passenger mirror which knocked the cover off but mechanics are still good, thankfully. I found the cover https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-mirror-cover-passenger-side-rh-kb3z17d742a but there is this piece that I have no idea what it's called or how to find, or if it's serviceable. I may just order the cover and use some black duct tape to cover the under part, although I hate the thought of that and it will annoy the crap out of me every time I look at it. I could order a whole assembly which seems overkill, and is pricey for OEM, non OEM is less than $200 put still a pain and not sure the texture and molding will match the OEM on driver's side. 2020 Ranger, XLT trim

mirror.jpeg
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
A real a-hole on a motorcycle decided to punch my passenger mirror which knocked the cover off but mechanics are still good, thankfully. I found the cover https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-mirror-cover-passenger-side-rh-kb3z17d742a but there is this piece that I have no idea what it's called or how to find, or if it's serviceable. I may just order the cover and use some black duct tape to cover the under part, although I hate the thought of that and it will annoy the crap out of me every time I look at it. I could order a whole assembly which seems overkill, and is pricey for OEM, non OEM is less than $200 put still a pain and not sure the texture and molding will match the OEM on driver's side. 2020 Ranger, XLT trim

mirror.jpeg
Hi Shawn,

Check with Benny of LevittownFordparts. He frequents these forums and is an excellent source of parts and researching parts for which you now have a need. https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/members/2787/ @LevittownFordParts.com

Good luck,
Phil

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Go to a scrap yard where you can pull your own parts, practice there/find part there. I did this several times for my 07 Escape.
Good luck.

OP
OP
virtualshawn

virtualshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4
Occupation
I manage humans that manage computers.
Go to a scrap yard where you can pull your own parts, practice there/find part there. I did this several times for my 07 Escape.
Good luck.
Yup, good advice, a little short on time but will for sure go that route if/as needed, also these rangers have only been around since '19 but I'm sure there are few totaled ones around. I may just order the cover and then hunt for the extra piece.
Sponsored