Can't find rear bumper on OEM parts site

Professoriate

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Adidas trail runners
Lucky me: while sitting in rush hour traffic this afternoon I got rear-ended, luckily at low speed, by a guy with no insurance and an expired (or something) license. The steel bumper is a bit bent, no longer sits with correct registration relative to the body, and is slightly concave from the shape of his F-150's front bumper, plus the plastic parts that attach to it are slightly popped out, and can't pop back in until the bumper is bent back to its correct orientation. Me and the guy who hit me are going to deal with it ourselves (should he not vanish), and hopefully get my bumper bent back to to it's proper shape through someone he knows, but I'm not so psyched to have a new truck with a permanent concave profile to its rear bumper. If this was one of my old Rangers, I wouldn't have cared much, but this is a new truck, and is costing me a pretty penny.

I looked on the Ford OEM parts site and couldn't find a rear bumper assembly, should I opt to just swap in a new rear bumper later. Plenty of entries for front bumpers, just no rear. Does anyone have any insight on this? Would one of you mind doing a search and confirming that I'm not just going about my search incorrectly?

At some point in the coming months I'll likely have a hitch installed, so might just wait till then to deal with the bumper, especially if its a swap job. For what its worth, SuperCab, XL (STX), FX4 package. Thanks for any insight any of you might be able to give me, and I hope the rest of you had a great days with your hopefully fully intact trucks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Lucky me: while sitting in rush hour traffic this afternoon I got rear-ended, luckily at low speed, by a guy with no insurance and an expired (or something) license. The steel bumper is a bit bent, no longer sits with correct registration relative to the body, and is slightly concave from the shape of his F-150's front bumper, plus the plastic parts that attach to it are slightly popped out, and can't pop back in until the super is bent back to its correct orientation. Me and the guy who hit me are going to deal with it ourselves (should he not vanish), and hopefully get my bumper bent back to to it's proper shape through someone he knows, but I'm not so psyched to have a new truck with a permanent concave profile to its rear bumper. If this was one of my old Rangers, I wouldn't have cared much, but this is a new truck, and is costing me a pretty penny.

I looked on the Ford OEM parts site and couldn't find a rear bumper assembly, should I opt to just swap in a new rear bumper later. Plenty of entries for front bumpers, just no rear. Does anyone have any insight on this? Would one of you mind doing a search and confirming that I'm not just going about my search incorrectly?

At some point in the coming months I'll likely have a hitch installed, so might just wait till then to deal with the bumper, especially if its a swap job. For what its worth, SuperCab, XL (STX), FX4 package. Thanks for any insight any of you might be able to give me, and I hope the rest of you had a great days with your hopefully fully intact trucks!
I hate that for you. Hope you get your bumper fixed/replaced soon!

OP
OP

Professoriate

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Adidas trail runners
I don't have a p# for you but I saw this on eBay the other day, the hitch part may be useful to you.....if that's the style you wanted.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Ford-...372084?hash=item1cd5d1aaf4:g:rL8AAOSwvH5dNk~H
Hey 79, thank's for passing this along. While the wrong color, this shows me something that I hadn't even considered: that the rear bumper is not a single piece. I suspect, if nothing else, that this would make bending the steel back to shape easier, and the whole situation is likely not as expensive as I'd started to think.

Thanks for the kind words Tracy, that means a lot to me.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
Some of the serious off-road guys change to heavy duty bumpers. You might be able to buy a take-off. Try posting a WTB bumper thread. Take a look at this site also.

dcpaint

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I happen to run into the same situation, luckily it only tore the plastic cover on the bumper and a small bending of a bracket. The bracket can be bent back into shape so I only need to replace the cover. I see the cover is on back-order through Ford OEM so I'll have to wait to replace. Re-post if you change yours out and run into any unexpected cover replacement issues.

4lowphoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Occupation
Photographer/ Graphic Designer
I happen to run into the same situation, luckily it only tore the plastic cover on the bumper and a small bending of a bracket. The bracket can be bent back into shape so I only need to replace the cover. I see the cover is on back-order through Ford OEM so I'll have to wait to replace. Re-post if you change yours out and run into any unexpected cover replacement issues.
Did you take the cover off to bend the bracket back? I have the same issue.

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd
KB3Z-17906-BCPTM is likely the bumper you need. It's a 2 piece bumper that bolts directly to the "hitch" or reinforcement (this is the part that if your truck had trailer towing would have the tow bar) I would suspect it would be bent as well so if thats the case and you are wanting to add a hitch I would do it all at once. That would be easiest anyways. Aftermarket receivers bolt directly to this though like an add on. So it would depend on which route you go (OE vs AM)
Sponsored