Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Not to shabby!

That blows about the buffer thou!
Thanks , it turned out pretty good . I think I'm going to replace the FX4 decals with some black ones to tie it in more if I can find some the same size .

My buffer was a Cyclo model 4 that I have had since 1987 . I had 2 newer model 5s but sold them when I closed the business . I liked the all polished aluminum case of the model 4 . Guess I should have kept one of the newer ones instead . This thing had done a lot of work in its day though . I just ordered one of these knock offs since I only will use it a few times a year now . I'll see how it holds up . The Cyclo pads off Amazon fit it also . You just can't beat a dual action orbital for a swirl free finish .

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TruePowe...44637?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=14107
Sponsored

Clint

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Needs a little more buffing out but my dang buffer stopped working . :(

ranger grill.jpg

ranger hood.jpg

ranger grill hood.jpg
Definitely puts the Ranger in Beast Mode! Looks awesome.

How are the gaps on the sides where the hood meets the fenders? From the pics they looked looked aligned and consistent, but the pics weren’t close ups so wanted to ask. Also, given your past experience, if you did match the body color instead of going with black do you think you’d also have to repaint the front fenders for a perfect match?

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely puts the Ranger in Beast Mode! Looks awesome.

How are the gaps on the sides where the hood meets the fenders? From the pics they looked looked aligned and consistent, but the pics weren’t close ups so wanted to ask. Also, given your past experience, if you did match the body color instead of going with black do you think you’d also have to repaint the front fenders for a perfect match?
Yes the gaps are very good and I would have needed to blend the fenders to get a good match with the Rapid Red . I did not want to do that and not be able to put the factory hood back on at some future point .

Clint

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Yes the gaps are very good and I would have needed to blend the fenders to get a good match with the Rapid Red . I did not want to do that and not be able to put the factory hood back on at some future point .
Great on the alignment. Makes sense on the paint. Again, looks great.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
My next issue will be, what intake works with the under hood vent port.
My Roush Cold Air Kit came in today from Hot Shot Offroad .
2.3L Ecoboost Cold Air Intake – Hotshot Offroad

I had it installed in about 30 minutes and it fits the hood cutout very well . I left the factory inlet that feeds air from the bottom and removed the plexiglass pc on the top of the Roush kit so the hood can feed air to the topside also. If you wanted true ramair you could close off the factory inlet and add some foam around the top cutout to seal it to the hood opening very easy .
Roush.jpg

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I thought about a carbon fiber wrap but not sure it would look good since so much is visible from the side . It might be too stark of a difference. Need someone with mad photoshop skills to show me what it would look like ,lol.
Might do the center in a wrap
1674512151098.jpeg

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Well, the price is not what I was looking for. I really would like to see if anyone here has one and pictures? also maybe steer me towards one.
Ford Accessories has just a scoop that sticks on the stock hood.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
My Roush Cold Air Kit came in today from Hot Shot Offroad .
2.3L Ecoboost Cold Air Intake – Hotshot Offroad

I had it installed in about 30 minutes and it fits the hood cutout very well . I left the factory inlet that feeds air from the bottom and removed the plexiglass pc on the top of the Roush kit so the hood can feed air to the topside also. If you wanted true ramair you could close off the factory inlet and add some foam around the top cutout to seal it to the hood opening very easy .
Roush.jpg
Your ECU programming really can't take advantage of any extra air flow. With a CAI and exhaust you could figure that your Ranger is breathing 2x as good as a stock setup but the computer only allows for so much air flow. If you were custom tuned you could probably take advantage of more air. That would involve custom programming on a Dyno. I have a CAI and exhaust but my OTS Livernois tune doesn't have a variable air flow input control.

Our Rangers LOVE a low outside ambient air temp. That is what really gives me the extra boost to be honest with you....

BTW....I think a carbon fiber vinyl wrap would look excellent on your new hood. You could go matte or glossy and it would look great with your setup....IMHO

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase