Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Damn , that's pretty sweet , and not bad price really ...
Definitely has an aggressive vibe to it. That price is about half of others I’ve seen online. That functional ram air channel is pretty cool too.

mokupilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 DeeZee Lariat Tremor, 09 Escape Limited
Occupation
Heavy aluminum tube logistics and transportation ✈
I put struts on a ‘22 that came with a prop rod. I wouldn’t want to get more aggressive than that.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely has an aggressive vibe to it. That price is about half of others I’ve seen online. That functional ram air channel is pretty cool too.
I may order this hood for a winter project . When I had my restyling business we used Cervini's hoods but they don't have anything for the Ranger . After checking many forums and review sites they seem to be a quality product . I had a RamAir type hood on my '97 F-150 and a '92 Mustang that were functional and this may even be able to be made to work with a modified factory airbox . We'll see .

Still debating on whether to hit the buy button right now , LOL

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
This is NOT a Simple Bolt-On!
  • Fiberglass Hood Panel Edges Are Typical Thicker Than Factory Metal/Aluminum Hoods. Some Applications Require Some Grinding Work To Insure Proper Fitting.
  • For Accessories Such As Front Hood Grille, Pilot Holes Are Pre Drilled On Most Of Our Hood Panels. Customers Must Fit Merchandise To Ensure Proper Fitting And Alignment Prior To Painting.
  • Since They Are All Handmade Minor Differences Can Occur. Adjustment Is Needed Sometimes.
Hood Pins Are Recommended

sounds like its "rougher" than the pic shows ... i still like it...

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
  • Fiberglass Hood Panel Edges Are Typical Thicker Than Factory Metal/Aluminum Hoods. Some Applications Require Some Grinding Work To Insure Proper Fitting.
  • For Accessories Such As Front Hood Grille, Pilot Holes Are Pre Drilled On Most Of Our Hood Panels. Customers Must Fit Merchandise To Ensure Proper Fitting And Alignment Prior To Painting.
  • Since They Are All Handmade Minor Differences Can Occur. Adjustment Is Needed Sometimes.

Fitment for this is definitely not an easy thing - other manufactures have the same warning. Certainly not a project I want to tackle, but I think it would look great on one of those wide body prerunner Rangers.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Fitment for this is definitely not an easy thing - other manufactures have the same warning. Certainly not a project I want to tackle, but I think it would look great on one of those wide body prerunner Rangers.
Damn , if that center part was separate , id consider letting a body shop blend that on my hood ...

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase

Most companies we dealt with when I had the restyling shop had similar wording on the fiberglass products . We installed hoods mainly from Cervinis and they would say the same thing even though they fit pretty darn good right outta the box . I'll let you know as I broke down and ordered it this morning . Already shipped and have the tracking # , supposed to be delivered next Tuesday . It will be awhile before I can get around to painting and installing it but I will probably take a afternoon to remove the stock hood and at least see if it fits good . They say the factory hood struts will work also :)

RangerCRF

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger fx4

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Got that hood a few months back. If you get it through carid.com it’s way cheaper and still ships from the same warehouse. Instagram@RangerCRF
370465C0-7277-4BEC-915C-81CF7CA7F253.jpeg
Cool , looks good . I checked Carid but they wanted $280 shipping so it would have ended up about $5 more . It came in Tuesday and was in perfect condition but is sitting in the corner of garage right now . I'm concerned that I will have to repaint the front fenders to blend it in since it is the tri-coat Rapid Red color but it is what it is . I may paint the hood alone and see if it is too far off then blend it if I need to . Since the hood line is so visible from the side I'll probably end up painting the fenders anyway cause my OCD will get the better of me I'm sure .

20220909_140648.jpg

20220909_140540.jpg

Last edited:

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I took a few minutes and slapped this thing on before the games started this morning. Fit perfect. These pics are with the latch not fully engaged. I didn't have time to adjust that but I don't see any issues and honestly it's one of the best made hoods I've ever gotten. There was a sticker that said Made in China so that's obviously why it is half the price of the other choices but the quality looks great . Looks like a light sanding prime and paint .

The Ram Air matches up perfectly to the factory air box but I hadn't paid attention to the fact the filter is on top and the air is fed from the bottom. That's unfortunate but guess an excuse to spend more money on an aftermarket airbox.

RAR.jpg

Hood Dampers.jpg

Ranger glK.jpg

Ranger Barn2.jpg