Hood deflector

RobF8GT

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW F800GT, 2017 Ford Fusion 2.7L sport. 2019 Ranger , Lariat, sport, FX4, Lightning Blue ordered.
Occupation
Commercial Transport Mechanic
Hi. I searched and found a couple of threads but I don't think they answered the questions I have. Has anybody bought a deflector from Ford? I was considering the part # KB3Z-16C900-A. I also don't know what the difference between that deflector and the cheaper Aeroskin Ford sells part # VKB3Z-16C900-A? I was wondering if anybody knows the difference? Also if I did buy the KB3Z - 16C900 - A, do I have to drill any holes or anything to mount it? Thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RobF8GT

RobF8GT

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW F800GT, 2017 Ford Fusion 2.7L sport. 2019 Ranger , Lariat, sport, FX4, Lightning Blue ordered.
Occupation
Hi. I found the ford installation sheet. No hole drilling. Lots of clips though. It looks like only the middle two clips are anchored to the hood with push pins / screws. Thanks.

NAndrews33

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Hi. I searched and found a couple of threads but I don't think they answered the questions I have. Has anybody bought a deflector from Ford? I was considering the part # KB3Z-16C900-A. I also don't know what the difference between that deflector and the cheaper Aeroskin Ford sells part # VKB3Z-16C900-A? I was wondering if anybody knows the difference? Also if I did buy the KB3Z - 16C900 - A, do I have to drill any holes or anything to mount it? Thank you.
Rob, the Ford hood deflector is really easy to do. I bought and installed myself. I like how Ford gives you clips for the hood deflector instead of drilling the actual deflector into the hood like older Rangers. There's a good video on YouTube of a guy doing the Ford one for his F150. It's the same steps for the Ranger. I definitely recommend it. You also get little bumpers that can attach to the hood to protect the deflector from breaking on impact with an object.

20190601_214518.jpg

OP
OP
RobF8GT

RobF8GT

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Rob, the Ford hood deflector is really easy to do. I bought and installed myself. I like how Ford gives you clips for the hood deflector instead of drilling the actual deflector into the hood like older Rangers. There's a good video on YouTube of a guy doing the Ford one for his F150. It's the same steps for the Ranger. I definitely recommend it. You also get little bumpers that can attach to the hood to protect the deflector from breaking on impact with an object.

20190601_214518.jpg
Excellent! It looks really good. Thank you for the reply.

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
I got the deflector. The difference is that a deflector helps keeps the windshield clean and protects a protector only protects. On a trip to FL and back the front of the truck was covered in bugs, the windshield had some but much less

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I got the deflector. The difference is that a deflector helps keeps the windshield clean and protects a protector only protects. On a trip to FL and back the front of the truck was covered in bugs, the windshield had some but much less
What part number for the deflector?

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase

Tringram19

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 1989 Ford Ranger STX

20190601_214518.jpg
Do you have anymore info on installation. Did a deal and got one of these and the hardware without the install information. Having troubling finding the sheet and not really sure what I need to do.

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the AVS deflector. It installed using 3M tape, no screws or clips.

20200714_065602.jpg

BannonJr

First Name
BANNON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Locomotive Attendant
how does this one attach? I know there is one i was looking at that only uses 3m tape.
When you open the hood.. the weather strip is attached with them lil clips there.. just unplug em.. tuck the tabs from the visor under..then replace the clips with the provided ones... like..10min install
Sponsored