Help determing if this wheel will work

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Sport
This website says it will work, but Discount claims it won't? I really like the design on it. Likely just do a 265/70/17 tire. Help is appreciated
Screenshot_20210605-102647_Chrome.jpg

Brand: DX4
Model: Terrain
Backspacing: 5.14
Offset: +10
Wheel Diameter: 17
Wheel Width: 8.5
Hub Bore: 106.20
Bolt Patterns: 6x5.5
Sponsored

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Yep it'll work just fine. You can find my thread on wheel rings you can go plastic or aluminum. Without them the wheels will shake because our hub diameter is 93mm.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Are you lifted/levelled? How high?

If not, you’re likely gonna rub like a Thai masseuse.

Those tires are fine on stock wheels (+55mm offset) but that +10mm offset wheel is an issue.

Good luck

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you lifted/levelled? How high?

If not, you’re likely gonna rub like a Thai masseuse.

Those tires are fine on stock wheels (+55mm offset) but that +10mm offset wheel is an issue.

Good luck
Oh yea I forgot about crash bars

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So need to be closer to the +55? Going to install the Eibach pro kit with the shocks and springs to level it.
Give yourself a few hours to search multiple threads on here until you find the guy that is running an offset that they say clears your size tires without a level or with a level depending on the shock setup you go.

Offset and the amount you raise the front are your factors to clear the crash bars. Clearing the spindle shouldn't be an issue with your aftermarket wheels.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
So need to be closer to the +55? Going to install the Eibach pro kit with the shocks and springs to level it.
Here’s what you’re likely to find….275/70R17 is good with 3” level/lift and offset of +20 or higher

265/70R17 is good with 2” or more level/lift and offset of +25 or higher

I wish there was a table or spreadsheet to point you to but it can be a bit of trial and error - usually error and that means removing or replacing crash bars.

Search the tire/wheel threads and have a look in the showcases for similar setups.

Good luck.

OP
OP

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Sport
Here’s what you’re likely to find….275/70R17 is good with 3” level/lift and offset of +20 or higher

265/70R17 is good with 2” or more level/lift and offset of +25 or higher

I wish there was a table or spreadsheet to point you to but it can be a bit of trial and error - usually error and that means removing or replacing crash bars.

Search the tire/wheel threads and have a look in the showcases for similar setups.

Good luck.
Thanks, for the feedback. Seems truck wheel sizing is a bit more difficult than cars. I've had lowered cars all my life and was much easier to find something that works, filled the wheel well without rubbing.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, for the feedback. Seems truck wheel sizing is a bit more difficult than cars. I've had lowered cars all my life and was much easier to find something that works, filled the wheel well without rubbing.
Actually, it’s more of a 5th generation Ranger thing because of the added protection of the anti-intrusion beams (crash bars). It’s simpler with other trucks. Safety first, I guess, but a pain when looking at bigger tires or a bit of “poke” from the lower offsets. I’m at +15mm offset and 275/70R17 with a 2-1/2” level and I had to change to ReadyLIFT crash bars - didn’t rub but was a hair away from it. If I was off-road, I’d rub for sure. If I had gone with 265/70R17s, I’d be fine.

So, it’s a delicate balancing act and we need to be aware of the downstream impacts of our choices. Like I said, I wish there was a table or spreadsheet.
Sponsored