Gecko157

First Name
AA-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Sorry guys been busy as hell.

As for the asshats questioning the timeline of the cap missing and me driving for 5-6 days. It's RONA, I haven't been driving anywhere during that time and I work from home right now. I put some thing like 31 miles on it over those days. No warnings, no low level, nothing triggered until I left that morning.

Second don't care about your CAI opinion, I'm well aware they are a waste of $400, this isn't my first vehicle with one and won't be the last. Anytime I change exhaust I add a CAI, makes it sound better. Used the Roush because when I bought it, it was the only one on market that I could find. I add them because I can afford to despite the minimal gains, sorry if you're too broke or you're upset your wife tells you how to spend money, that isn't my problem though.

Third, I understand I can or maybe even should check under the hood and anal righteous dbags do that all the time after it's been in for service (you are also the ones eceryone laughs at after you leave) but I shouldn't have to if they are remotely competent at the dealer so I will stick with that. Shit happens they were at fault, either they fix it or the lawyers do, pretty simple.

As for the update.

Got to the dealer, the manager wouldn't see me, they sent the cute 20 something asian with tattoos and nice butt to deal with me. Those tactics worked, what can I say, I'm only human. I was nice.

They got a new cap, really wonder what happened to the old one... They refilled everything, drove it that night to a town 30 minutes away. Topped it off drove it again the next day twice. Picked it up, made them put everything in writing including them owning up to their mechanics mistake in the event this cause an issues later in the life of the truck, I want written record. I gave it a nice hard drive over the weekend and took it offroad. No issues, no codes, all seems fine.

Limp mode saved the truck, shut it down the second it went in to it. Time will tell, but I go through vehicle so fast due to my job I won't have it more than a couple years anyways. Hopefully dodged a bullet.

OP
OP
Gecko157

Gecko157

First Name
AA-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How long have you had the CAI/who installed it out of curiosity (for science).
I added it the first week I got it, same time I added the Borla exhaust, so around September. I installed it, my vehicles only see shops for routine service.

gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
I added it the first week I got it, same time I added the Borla exhaust, so around September. I installed it, my vehicles only see shops for routine service.
Thanks was just curious! It was all in good humor on my part. I personally don't trust anyone with the routine service items for things just like your horror story.

I was accused by dealership staff of tampering with the wire loom under my ranger when I cornered my dealership into resolving the lack of a blue TBC output wire on my XL after purchase. Service manager asked me if I had been messing with the tape and connectors under the truck because some of the tape was missing.
I told him word for word "pretty sure there was a bulletin out to dealerships to check the connectors on a batch of rangers but not sure if my truck was subject to that nor do I really believe a pre delivery inspection was done by your staff since my tires were 50PSI at delivery"

Glad that you were able to get it fixed up and noted in writing.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Is it possible to just make an honest mistake?

Someone said it above, could be a lot of factors. There are a lot of distractions working at a dealership.

gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
"sorry if you're too broke or you're upset your wife tells you how to spend money "

this comment put you into the real dick category, then you said some other questionable things that make you sound like an even bigger dick. you dont like when people challenge you apparently.
Did someone edit a post here? Lost as to who that is aimed at..

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
Gecko157

Gecko157

First Name
AA-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"sorry if you're too broke or you're upset your wife tells you how to spend money "

this comment put you into the real dick category, then you said some other questionable things that make you sound like an even bigger dick. you dont like when people challenge you apparently.
Yup I’m a huge dick. Real sorry me being a dick bothers you ?‍♂

OP
OP
Gecko157

Gecko157

First Name
AA-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks was just curious! It was all in good humor on my part. I personally don't trust anyone with the routine service items for things just like your horror story.

I was accused by dealership staff of tampering with the wire loom under my ranger when I cornered my dealership into resolving the lack of a blue TBC output wire on my XL after purchase. Service manager asked me if I had been messing with the tape and connectors under the truck because some of the tape was missing.
I told him word for word "pretty sure there was a bulletin out to dealerships to check the connectors on a batch of rangers but not sure if my truck was subject to that nor do I really believe a pre delivery inspection was done by your staff since my tires were 50PSI at delivery"

Glad that you were able to get it fixed up and noted in writing.
Bro don’t even sweat it, not aimed at you.

That’s insane, why would you tamper with a wire loom? Loosing battle on their end if lawyers got involved for sure.

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
From me (the person that first replied in an attempt to help) glad the outcome was good as of now. The cutey that the dealership used probably worked better than me advising you to be calm LOL ?.

OP
OP
Gecko157

Gecko157

First Name
AA-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From me (the person that first replied in an attempt to help) glad the outcome was good as of now. The cutey that the dealership used probably worked better than me advising you to be calm LOL ?.
Pfft I’m only human and she’s a dime 10/10 ?‍♂
Sponsored