Heater controls and dash lights

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Did the Explorer chrome surround fit?
I’m pretty sure it did. I’m going to be away for a while today but when I have some time tonight I’ll see if I can figure out who it was and look for the thread!
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
So maybe I was just dreaming but I’m sure I saw someone put on Explorer chrome trim around the HVAC controls. I just looked through 25 pages after searching “Explorer” and I can’t find that thread anywhere!

OP
OP
Cape Cruiser

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
It changes the colors in the door handles and the phone cubby and footwell. If you change the colors in the dark it's pretty obvious. It's a useless feature IMO because the dash lights and other bits all over the truck stay the same color so you end up with a weird combination.
Mike I made the change a while back and about a month later the ambient light changed to blue and the heater controls also turned blue. Strange

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Mike I made the change a while back and about a month later the ambient light changed to blue and the heater controls also turned blue. Strange
And if you watch, when the ambient lights are on in the door handle and you open the door the color changes to RED. Then back to the set color when the door closes.

mrphixit

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Toyota Prius
Occupation
Retired 1988
regarding the buttons, and lack of lighting, which makes them hard to find in the dark...I simply gave up and now give the task of changing my temps to Sync and voice commands.
Much easier and I'm not cursing the lack of lighting anymore.
Several times the Heater/ac lights for fan and driver/Passenger temps lit up with red for plus and blue for minus but cant get it to stay on. Easy to see but goes away. Clearly computer controlled so should be a setting somewhere. Help

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
my heater lights were always off. i run my dash lights dim for night vision issues (eyes adjusting)

but i was playing around and dimmed them completely off, then back up and down again, and suddenly my heater controls were lit up.

so now my controls have light.

Hi RP....

It is a well known fact that Canadian electrons are slow....eh? :LOL:

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
my heater lights were always off. i run my dash lights dim for night vision issues (eyes adjusting)

but i was playing around and dimmed them completely off, then back up and down again, and suddenly my heater controls were lit up.

so now my controls have light.

Are you saying by doing that you now have the heater control lights on with the headlights off? Does this reset after a key cycle?
Sponsored